chapter 37 True Fear

Masato's pov

I was afraid for him. He was angry and I couldn't be there to sooth him. The jounin of this village wouldn't let me come close to him.

I knew wouldn't attack me. I saw it in his eyes. He cared about me a great deal. He might not love me but he cares.

I nodded to the jounin defeated before they let me go. I glanced back to Rintaru and nodded. Gestured for him to help me follow Neji.

We caught up to him in the training grounds. I knew the range of his byakugan. 50 meters. And we were within the 50 meter range so yes he knew we were here.

However he said nothing. He must’ve over heard our conversation with the jounin. Guy sensei I believe his name was.

My love please be ok.

"How I wish I could hold him." I whispered longingly. I felt Rintaru's hand lay down on my shoulder. Glancing over to him I saw him smile sadly.

"I know you there. Come out!" He commanded.  No it was more of a harsh demand.

"Is he talking to us?" Rintaru asked me frightened. We had been sitting here watching him for about 20 minutes now. So it couldn't have been us. Could it?

Right as we decided we were gunna jump down I saw Tenten, a girl with brown hair from his team, step out of the shadows.

He threw a kunai at her head as he turned around immediately. She ducked quickly and frowned at him.

"I came to console you. But you obviously don't want it." She snapped. Grabbing a kunai of her own.

"Dont be stupid Tenten. Thats not what you came for was it?" He was being harsh. He was really angry. It seemed only michigo could work him up this badly.

That meant he truly was in love with her. And that saddened me. I looked down st the ground frowning in sadness. When I felt Rintaru grab a kunai that was aimed for my own head.

I looked up wide eyed and fearful. Not fear from getting struck by the kunai but by the kunai being thrown at all. 

Rintaru shook his head. There was a slight note attached to it. He made it look like he deflect the thrown kunai in order to get it to us.

'Don't be afraid I would never hurt you of my own accord.'

I looked up to Rintaru who also read the note. We smiled happily to eachother. The jounin of the village had it all wrong then. He trusted us. He does care. For us both. Otherwise the note would have a name on it.

"You want a fight Tenten? Well you have one. Let's go." He said. There was something in his tone that sent shivers down my spine. And not the good ones.

She needed to be saved before it was too late. He was going to fight her with everything he had. He was furious and her trying to get close to him romantically in this moment is whats going to get her seriously injured.

I looked to Rintaru wide eyed. He seemed to be having the same thoughts because his were fearful. Probably of her life.

I nodded to him and jumped down. We had to move fast to jump in front of him before he took his step.

She was in her fighting stance but she didn't stand a chance in hell of fighting him. Not if he went all out. Hell he defeated Michigo with ease.

Right as he took a step to bolt towards her Rintaru jumped in front of him, his hands on Neji's chest and arm outstretched.  While I jumped behind and held both of his shoulders back rendering him unable to move.