Chapter 18 ▪ A Reverie

Please note that Chapter 19 was published earlier than these 2 chapters (Idk with Wattpad :[). Please go back to Chapter 17 so as not to be confused. Chapter 17 is one of my favorites so far so don't miss it! :)

--

Inside was a larger encapsulated room. There was no other door or window that would lead them further into The Preserve. Tierra ran to where Karys and Serin stood. They were touching each other's fingers in amazement. Maizy closed her eyes as she passed through the film. They called her to them.

"Your glasses," Karys giggled.

"I know," Maizy responded grinning as she felt her notepad tucked in her pockets. She looked up, "It stays in place though."

Looking around, Tierra could see even Breena and her friends impressed with their lumen. Florice was standing quietly at their side, smiling politely to them.

Curiosity ran through Tierra's mind and she found herself approaching the walls. In a closer look, the walls seemed to be made out of white woven fabric, but lighter in weight. Lighter even than cotton. Something like a spider's web. She poked it with her lumened finger. It sprung back to her.

In a moment, she fell into a trance and her vision blurred

In a moment, she fell into a trance and her vision blurred. It cleared up to the sight of a lady in front of her. The woman was laughing. The setting was in the back gardens of the castle, which was bright and green.

The lady was wearing fresh white flowers on her head and a silky white dress

The lady was wearing fresh white flowers on her head and a silky white dress. She was talking to Tierra while seated at the edge of the fountain, but there was no sound. Tierra felt a lump on her throat. She went on talking as if Tierra could understand.

Then as if noticing something, the lady in white turned to the east, her face contorted into an expression of deep horror.

"Tierra," she could hear now. A male voice.

"Tierra!"

Eros was shaking Tierra's arm. The lumen formed small waves on her skin. She blinked to reality.

"What are you staring at?" Tierra heard her bestfriend asking.

"I....I don't know," she said looking down, still confused. The lady was gone.