Chapter 34 ▪ Maizy's Sketches (Character Biography)

"Is this your room, Tierra?" Serin was asking.

"No, hush for a while," Tierra stuck her ears to Tania's door.

There were no weird sounds. Just her sister's soft snoring. Tierra finally exhaled.

She crawled away carefully, "Let's go before she notices us."

--

Tierra held the knob of her door then turned around to her friends, "I haven't....there hasn't been anyone else in my room except family and my handmaiden, Lucie. So I don't know how this goes or if we're allowed or..."

They all faced towards Barry and Alfraedo situated at the far end of the hallway.

"W-well, they aren't s-saying anything so maybe-"

"Yeah who cares, you're the princess! Let's go!" and Karys helped Tierra turn the knob.

A nice little table set greeted them in the entrance. At the end of the room beside some thick curtains was Tierra's queen size bed with its ornately carved pillars.

To the right was her dresser and another arched window before the door to her washroom.

Tierra approached the curtains. "Well?" then pulled them to let more light in, "I told you it's not much, but make yourself at home."

"What do you mean not much?"

The girls stepped forward and found themselves plopping on the soft cushions of Tierra's sofas, "It's so pretty here!"

Karys went to open one of the doors that led to Tierra's walk-in closet, "Girls, over here!"

Tierra pulled the other curtain to the side before following her friends.

She heard gasps and squeals from them inside.

Karys took one gown and turned around, "Tierra, these are so...!"

"Rare K-kalosian silk...p-pearls from d-deep sea Ac-cuarian oysters...f-famous Lavendrian s-satin laces," Maizy was enumerating in awe.

"All these shoes!" Serin squeaked.

Karys looked Tierra from top to bottom, "But what is that you're wearing?"

Tierra raised her brows and looked at her outfit, a collared grey dress. "Oh, this?" she giggled, "I had Sheesa, my tailor, sew some common clothes. I...I didn't wanna...you know me."

--

The four of them found their places in Tierra's bed when Karys had another idea.

"Are those your notepads in your coat pocket, Maiz?"