Work, Work, and an Unexpected Visitor

Rory walks into the Gazette at 7 o'clock, and is shocked by what she finds in the office. Or rather who?

"Hey Ace. You look surprised," Logan says.

"Logan..."

"God Ace, you're even more beautiful than I remember."

Rory smiles at him. All she can think of is the gorgeous man in front of her and how much she's missed him over the last seven weeks. Her stomach is full of butterflies. Rory can't believe this man can still cause feelings like this after all these years.

"Hey Logan. I was actually going to call you when I got here. What are you doing here?"

"Well Rory, you called and said you're pregnant. So I hopped on the first flight I found so I could come see you and we could talk." Logan tells her sarcastically.

"Yes but Logan, you're supposed to get married in less than a month," she replies with just as much sarcasm.

"Ace, that's why I'm here. We need to talk about this. The baby is mine as well. You know I don't love Odette, she doesn't love me either. I would rather be with you, but if you don't feel the same way, than I will go ahead with the wedding for Mitchum and his business deal. However, if you feel the same way-"

"Yes, Logan. I feel the same way. I love you. All I wanted when we said good-bye at the New Hampshire inn was for you to fight for me and say those things!"

"Really, Ace? Are you sure?"

"Yes, Logan. I'm sure. I love you so much!"

"Ace, I love you too." Logan says before he pulls her to him and kisses her like he's never kissed her before, not even when he thought he'd never see her again.

When Logan finally lets her go, Rory looks up at him and smiles. Logan returns her smile and hugs her tight.

"Well Ace, I guess we should make our decisions on what to do," Logan finally says a moment later.

"What do you mean, Logan?" Rory asks him.

"Well Ace, there's going to be a shit-storm when I break the news to Mitchum that I'm not going to marry Odette. Mom has softened since Grandpa died, but Mitchum is still same old Mitchum. He has to control everything. It doesn't change my feelings or the fact that I won't marry Odette knowing you feel the same way and we have the baby coming. I just wanna get everything else decided. Like where we live, if we wanna get married before or after baby is here, ya know. Everything like that Ace." Logan tells her.

"Wait Logan. You wanna get married?" Rory asks.

"Well of course Ace. If you'll have me," Logan replies.

"Logan, I love you. But are you asking me or just assuming?"

"Well Ace, I guess it'd be a bit of both."

"Logan," Rory sighs. "I would love to marry you. But I'm not saying yes with that type of proposal," she giggles.

"Oh man. You're right Ace. I messed that one up, huh?"

"Just a bit," she replies before she kisses him on the cheek and sits down at her desk to work.

Logan just smiles and looks at her.

"Alright Ace. Can we meet up for lunch later after you finish work?"

"Of course Logan. I love you," she says.

"Love you too, Ace. I'll call you to make the plans later," Logan tells her before he kisses her good-bye and heads out.