London

LOGAN'S POV

Logan just got to his building and as he's getting off the elevator for the penthouse, he hears the one voice he wasn't ready for.

"Where the hell have you been, Logan?" Mitchum yells.

"Busy father. What are you doing here?"

"Odette called last week and said you left for business," Mitchum starts, "but there was no business you needed to take care of in the states, least of all in Connecticut, so I repeat. Where the hell have you been?"

"I was coming home to handle some stuff now. Come inside and we can talk about this, father."

Logan and Mitchum walk inside Logan's place and Odette comes walking out of the bedroom.

"Oh hello darling. When did you get here?" she says.

"Just now Odette. Why don't you both sit down and we can talk about where I've been?"

Odette sits on the couch, but Mitchum just glares at his son.

"Are you going to sit or not father?"

"Not. What the hell is going on?"

"Fine. I've been in Stars Hallow and Hartford for the last week. I had some things to take care of there and now we're going to finish those things here."

"What do you mean, Logan?" Odette asks.

"I'm sorry. Wait no, I'm really not sorry, but either way, I can't marry you, Odette." Logan says.

"What the hell is going on here Logan?" Mitchum asks yet again.

"I'm getting to that, father. I went to see Rory because she called me the same day I left and said she's pregnant. We met up in New Hampshire and had one last night together. Or well we thought it would be one last night. Rory is pregnant and the baby is mine. I will not marry Odette when I have a child on the way with the only woman I have ever truly loved."

"But Logan, the wedding is right around the corner. We can't cancel it now," Odette says.

"The wedding will be cancelled, either way Odette. I don't care if it was tomorrow, I will not marry you when Rory is pregnant with my child!"

"How can you be sure the baby is yours Logan? You're engaged and I'm sure Rory hasn't been faithful to you either!" Mitchum yells at his son.

"Are you kidding me father? In all the years of everything I've been through with Rory, she has never cheated on me! I was the one who didn't deserve her in the beginning! Yet she has still put up with me and everything else from this family!" Logan yells back at his father.

"Logan it is ok. Be happy with your Rory. I will not stop the merger of our fathers' businesses just because the contract is void. However, I do not know what my father will do to be honest." Odette finally says.

"Thank you Odette. It means a lot. Now father, are you going to give me more problems with my choices or are you going to finally take your only son's side for the first time in almost thirty-five years?!"

"If I choose to ignore your choices, what happens?" Mitchum asks his son.

"I will quit and you lose the legacy you want with the business."

Mitchum thinks for a moment before he says, "Fine. I will let you make yet another stupid decision and leave it alone for now."

Logan rolls his eyes at his father and has to bite his tongue on his next retort and instead says, "Thank you father for your support in one of my choices for once."

Mitchum walks out of Logan's place at that moment and Odette gets up to pack her things in the bedroom so she can leave back to Paris.

Logan gets up at that point and follows Odette to the bedroom.

"Odette," he starts, "thank you for being so understanding."

"Whatever Logan. I knew something was going on when you left, I just couldn't figure out what. Now that I know, it makes it easier on me since I was also in a relationship with someone else."

"Well that makes sense now. We always knew we weren't in love with each other and we weren't meant for each other. Only further proves the point."

"Yes it does. I will pack and be out of here by the end of the night."

"Ok. Thanks Odette. I'll be in the office. Let me know if you need a car or anything." Logan says before he walks out of the room and heads for his office to call Rory.