The Gender Reveal

After Rory's appointment, Lorelai drove to a bakery to get some mini cakes to surprise Logan with the genders of the babies. While Lorelai was inside, Rory called up Finn to get the guys in on the surprise for Logan. She told Finn it would be a surprise for them as well, but she wanted them there for Logan so he could celebrate with the guys afterwards if he wanted.

Right after Rory got off the phone with Finn, Lorelai came out with the mini cakes and showed them to Rory.

"What do you think kid?" Lorelai asked as she shows Rory the mini cakes with pink and blue frosting on top.

"They look great mom," Rory tells her.

"Glad you like them sweets. One has pink frosting in the middle, the other has blue," Lorelai explains to her.

"They're perfect! Really mom, thank you," Rory says.

"Alright perfect, then let's head back to your house and wait for that husband of yours," Lorelai replies as she starts driving.

"Great. And the guys will be there too. I called up Finn and he's gonna get everyone there for the reveal."

"Awesome kid. Logan will love this."

"That was the plan. I'm really excited to tell him that we're having one of each gender. He's gonna be amazing with both of them. But I think our daughter will have him wrapped around her little finger," Rory giggles.

"Oh I'm sure she will. Have you thought about names yet?" Lorelai hints, trying to get some clues.

"I have, but haven't mentioned them to Logan yet, so you have to wait just like him," Rory tells her mother.

"No fun kid," Lorelai says as they pull up to Rory's house.

"Sorry mom."

"No you're not, but it's ok," Lorelai says with a laugh.

Rory and Lorelai get out of the jeep and walk inside with the cakes and ultrasound pictures. The guys pull up just after them and take the keys from Rory to open the door for them since Lorelai wouldn't let them take the cakes and Rory wouldn't allow them to take the pictures either in case they saw the genders before Logan gets home.

Rory pulls out her phone and calls Logan. He answers on the second ring.

"Hey Ace. How was the appointment?"

"It was great. How far are you from home?"

"I'll be home in about ten minutes. Sorry I missed the appointment Ace."

"It's fine Logan. Just get home. I have a few surprises for you."

"Oh really now? Like what?"

"You just gotta get home and find out," Rory teases him.

"Alright Ace. I'll see you in a few minutes, I love you."

"I love you too. See you soon."

Rory hangs up the phone and turns to the guys, "We gotta hurry. He'll be here in a few minutes. Finn, hide your car so he doesn't know you're here. Colin, Robert put the cakes on plates and make sure you don't mess them up. I want Logan to cut into them both and be surprised."

Finn comes back in right after Rory finishes up telling the guys what to do. Lorelai just smiles while watching Rory do all of this. It really was a big deal for them. Suddenly there's a knock on the door and there's a surprise for everyone.

"Oh my god! Honor and Josh, I haven't seen you guys in ages!" Rory exclaims.

"Well when Mitchum called today and said you and Logan got back together awhile back, I called up Finn right away and he said to meet them all here cause you had a surprise," Honor starts then adds, "and I see what the surprise is! So am I getting a niece or a nephew?"

"Hello Rory," Josh says with a hug.

"Well it's twins. But you have to wait for Logan to get home to find out what we're having. He missed the appointment because of a meeting, so I have things set up for a surprise when he gets here in a few minutes," Rory tells her, after returning Josh's hug.

"Oh Rory! That's exciting. You're having twins! Can't wait to find out what they are," Honor says.

"Yes, we are excited about the twins. And of course, there's more," Rory says holding up her hand.

"Congrats! You guys got married! This is amazing. Now I really do have you as a sister!" Honor says excitedly.

Lorelai, who has been listening to the exchange and watching for Logan's car out the window, suddenly chimes in, "Hey guys. Logan's here. Everyone hide aside from the pregnant wife here."

The guests that showed up all hide in the kitchen with perfect timing as Logan opens the door, "Hey Ace. I'm home. How are my wife and babies?"

"We're all good," Rory replies, "and we all missed you."

"Well I missed you three as well," Logan says as he kisses her and then kisses her belly, "so what are we having?"

"So impatient," Rory laughs.

"Well I just wanna know what our babies are, Ace."

"I know Logan. But I have a surprise for you in the kitchen first," Rory says as she grabs his hand and starts to lead Logan to the kitchen.

"Surprise!" Everyone yells as soon as they walk in the kitchen.

"Wow. Ace, what's all this?"

"Well I decided to surprise you with a small party to reveal the babies genders, plus we tell everyone else at the same time," Rory replies with a smile.

"This is awesome. Ace, thank you," Logan says with a smile.

"Can't even say hi to your big sister, Logan?" Honor says.

"Hey Honor, Josh. Thanks for coming over everyone." Logan says.

"So would you like to cut your cakes and see what we're having Logan?" Rory asks.

"Definitely," Logan says as Rory hands him a knife to cut the cakes.

Logan cuts into the first cake and pulls out the piece that shows the center is pink!

"What? Really Ace? We're having a girl?!"

"Yes. The first baby is a girl. But you've gotta cut the other cake too and see what the other baby is, Logan." Rory tells him.

Logan cuts into the second cake and pulls out the piece on this one that shows blue!

"So we're having one of each, Ace?"

"Yup. We're getting a boy and a girl!"

"We're getting a niece and a nephew! The beginning of the new era of Life and Death Brigade crew is coming!" Finn, Colin, and Robert all exclaim excitedly.

"Oh I get to spoil a niece and nephew! This is so exciting," Honor says.

"Well I'm gonna say congrats to you two since everyone else is too busy talking about how much they're gonna spoil the babies to say congrats," Josh says with a laugh.

"Thank you everyone," Logan and Rory say together.