Spreading the News

RORY'S POV

Rory woke up before Logan did, and for the first time in a long time, she felt rested. Dinner last night with the guys had been amazing. Logan had made pasta for them all, especially since Rory's cravings had kicked in full swing with the babies. She still can't believe they're having twins! It's still so crazy to think about.

Logan said they were gonna have a day together and the guys are kicking them out almost immediately after Logan gets up and ready. Rory decides to get up and get ready, but first she wants to call her mom, so she grabs her phone and walks out of the room to go outside and make the call. She dials Lorelai's number and her mom answers on the second ring.

"Loin fruit! How's the trip?" Lorelai says immediately.

"Hi mom. It's great! Logan surprised me with a doctor's appointment and we got an ultrasound yesterday after we got here!" Rory replies to her mother.

"You're leaving something out. What is it?"

"You know me way too well mom. I wanted to wait and tell you when I got home, but I should've known you wouldn't let that happen."

"Nope. Now spill. How's my grandbaby looking?"

"Well your grandbabies look great mom."

"Wait... Grandbabies???" Lorelai asks.

"Yup mom. Grandbabies. Logan and I are having twins!!"

"Oh my god! I'm getting two grandbabies for the price of one!!!" Lorelai says then yells out to Luke, "Luke!!! Rory and Logan are having twins!!!! We're getting two grandbabies to spoil!!"

Rory suddenly hears Luke in the background, "What? That's great! Congrats Rory. Tell Logan we say congrats as well!"

"I will Luke. Thanks." Rory says to her stepfather.

"Welcome kiddo. We really are happy for you," Luke says.

"Yes and happy for us too!" Lorelai adds.

"Thanks mom. It took some getting used too but seeing Logan so excited, got me excited," Rory tells Lorelai.

"That's great kid. I'm glad he's excited."

"Well mom, I just wanted to check in and let you know we got here ok," Rory tells her mother.

"I'm glad you got there ok and I'm even more excited about those babies!" Lorelai replies.

"Thanks mom. I'll call you later with Logan around as well. Guess he has big plans for today, so I'm gonna start getting ready for our day out."

"Sounds good kid. Love you, talk to you later."

"Love you too mom. Bye."

Rory hangs up the phone and heads back inside right as Logan walks out of the bedroom, looking for her.

"Morning Ace. You ok?"

"Morning Logan. Yes I'm fine. I just called mom. Her and Luke say congrats about the twins."

"Oh ok. Great. Glad they are excited than." Logan says, than kisses her.

"Yea. They are very excited about the twins," Rory replies after that kiss with a giggle.