The Big Appointment

Rory and Logan finished moving into the new house a couple weeks ago. Lorelai had come out to the house to help Rory unpack so Logan could work during the day. They had gotten the furniture for the guest rooms that were downstairs right away so Lorelai didn't have to drive back and forth everyday. Rory and Lorelai had finally finished unpacking everything a week after the move, so Lorelai had gone back to Stars Hollow with the plan to be back for the big ultrasound that would tell them what the twin's genders were. That day had finally arrived! The appointment was an hour and a half away and Lorelai was supposed to be there in an hour.

Rory couldn't wait to see her mom. They talked everyday but Rory knew Lorelai was just as excited as to find out what the babies were. Rory still can't believe she's already 18 weeks into her pregnancy, little less than halfway there. Her bump was a lot more noticeable and she had finally felt them move for the first time the other night when Logan was talking to her belly. He had been doing that a lot before than, but the babies were noticeably responding until that night. Both babies had kicked while listening to their daddy's voice and Logan had gotten so excited as they both felt the kicks for the first time together.

Suddenly Rory's phone went off. Rory answered it right away since it was Logan calling from work.

"Hey Logan. What's going on?"

"Hey Ace. Just wanted to give you a call and let you know that I'm stuck in a meeting. I will meet you and your mom at the appointment if I can get out of here without missing it, ok?"

"Ok. Mom will be here soon, so I'll let her know she will be driving us when she gets here."

"Ok. I love you Ace and I'm sorry I can't get out of here."

"I know you are, Logan. It's ok. I understand that you're running a company at the same time I'm pregnant, so it's ok. Really. I love you too. If I don't see you for the appointment, I'll see you tonight at home afterwards."

"Ok. I better get back in there. Bye Ace."

"Bye Logan. Talk to you later."

Rory gets off the phone with Logan right as her mother pulls up. This woman has never been early a day in her life, but Rory is glad she showed early like this. Rory opens the door before her mother can even ring the doorbell.

"Hey mom," Rory says as she hugs Lorelai.

"Hey there kid. Where's that husband of yours?"

"He'll meet us at the doctor's if he can get out of the meeting on time. Otherwise, he'll meet us back here and we can surprise him with the genders," Rory says with a grin.

"Ahh. Payback for all those surprises he's sprung on over the last four and a half months, huh kid?"

"Maybe." Rory replies with a giggle.

"Alright sounds good to me kid. Let's get going than."

Lorelai helps Rory into the jeep and then gets in on the driver's side and heads for Rory's doctor's office. Once they get there, they check in. Rory's phone goes off again and she answers quickly without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ace. I am still trying to get out here. I don't think I'm gonna make it to the appointment. I'm so sorry."

"It's ok Logan. Just meet us at home when you're done and I'll have everything to tell you than what we're having. Sound good?"

"Alright Ace. That sounds good. I love you and I'm sorry again."

"It's fine. I love you too. See you at home later." Rory says and ends the call with Logan.

"Logan not gonna make it, kid?"

"No. He can't get out of the meeting. He'll meet us at the house after the meeting is over. So can we make a stop at a bakery so we can get something to tell him the genders that surprises him?"

"Of course kid," Lorelai replies right as the nurse calls for Rory.

Rory and Lorelai walk to the back and the nurse checks Rory's vitals, then leads them to a room. The nurse lays out a cover for the doctor.

"The doctor will be in with you shortly," the nurse says.

"Ok thank you," Rory replies as she sits on the exam table.

Rory and Lorelai sit in the room for a few more moments before they heard a knock at the door and the doctor came in with a nurse pulling in the ultrasound machine.

"So are we ready to find out what those twins are?" the doctor asks.

"Yes Doctor Melrose. I have my mother with me today as my husband couldn't make it so I am going to surprise him with the results later tonight," Rory replies.

"Excellent. Let's get this set than," Doctor Melrose says as she gets the jelly out to start the ultrasound, "Lay back for me dear."

Rory lays back on the exam table and Dr. Melrose starts the ultrasound. First she checks out the heartbeats and then moves on to get a view of the genders.

"Well it looks like Baby A is a girl," Dr. Melrose says and Lorelai yells.

"Oh we're getting another Gilmore girl!" Lorelai exclaims.

"Mom can we hold the excitement until we find out what the second baby is, please?" Rory says with a laugh.

"Sorry kid, but it's exciting that we're getting another Gilmore girl!"

"I know mom."

"Ready to know Baby B?" Dr. Melrose asks.

"Yes, please," Rory replies.

"Well Baby B is a," Dr. Melrose starts as she tries to find a better shot to verify before she says anything and when she finds it, "Baby B is a boy!"

"Oh my god! Mom, we're getting one of each!!" Rory says excitedly.

"Oh kid this is great news. I'm so excited to be getting two grandbabies and it's one of each as well! Couldn't be any better," Lorelai says with a huge smile.

"Well ladies, we're all done here." Dr. Melrose says as she finishes printing up the ultrasound pictures of the twins for Rory.

"Thank you, Doctor." Rory says.

"Of course Rory. Make sure you set your next appointment for a month out and you're good to go." Dr. Melrose says.