Baby Shower

Five weeks later, and Rory never got a call with her results from the blood glucose test, meaning everything was perfectly fine and she didn't have gestational diabetes with the twins. She went in last week for her monthly check up and the babies were still growing right on schedule. Everything was going perfectly. Logan had gotten the nurseries set up for the twins as far as painting the walls went and they were picking out the cribs today before the baby shower. Rory wanted the twins to have completely different cribs and themes, but wanted the nursery themes to also play off something from her relationship with Logan in all these years. Richard's nursery theme was going to be centered around their relationship in the beginning at Yale and Victoria's theme would be the Wizard of Oz as it reminded Rory of their trip to New Hampshire that had brought them full circle and given them the twins.

"Hey Ace. You ready to go crib shopping?"

"Yea just give me a minute and we can go."

"Alright. Car is ready when you are."

"Great. Thank you dear," she replied, kissing him and heading to the bathroom yet again this morning.

"Anytime Ace."

Rory finished up in the bathroom and came back out, "Alright. We're ready, master and commander. Let's go pick out these cribs!"

SEVERAL HOURS LATER-

With the cribs picked and set to be delivered within twenty-four hours, they head towards the baby shower at Honor's house. Rory and Logan picked a white crib for Victoria and a chestnut colored crib for Richard. With just twelve weeks left until the twins are due, Rory feels more ready than she has in weeks for them. She can't wait to meet the twins and be able to hold them, but they have to finish growing just a little longer. For now, she will just enjoy her time with their family and friends, especially since they are finally telling everyone what they have decided on naming the babies.

As the car pulls up and Rory gets a glimpse of how many people showed up, she's amazed.

"Oh Logan. They invited so many people," she tells him.

"Well Ace, there are a lot of people who love you. Your mom said your entire hometown was coming."

Rory looks at him with tears in her eyes, "Are you serious?"

"Yes Ace. Everyone who loves you is here to celebrate the twins. These people already love our babies just as much as we do. They are going to be some very spoiled kids," he tells her with a smile.

Rory and Logan get out of their car and head inside. Lorelai rushes up to them and hugs them both.

"Hey there kid," she says before rubbing her daughter's ever growing baby bump and adding on, "and hello to my gorgeous grandbabies that grandma can't wait to meet!"

The twins go crazy for grandma just like they do for daddy and start kicking even more.  Everyone gathers around to say hi to Rory, Logan, and of course the twins when Logan decides to interrupt everyone's greetings with the announcement on names since all are in the same room, but they end up just as distracted when someone else enters Honor's house.

"Hello everyone. Logan, Rory. How are you and my grandchildren doing?" Mitchum Huntzberger asks.

"Hello Father. Everyone is fine." Logan replies to his father before asking the question on everyone's minds, "What are you doing here?"

"Well I wanted to say hi and bring a gift for my grandchildren. That is allowed, isn't it?"

"Well of course it's allowed, I just haven't talked to you much since I transferred back to New York after you gave me your so-called blessing to call off the wedding to Odette and be with Rory. But yes, as long as you are cordial to my wife, you can stay."

"Well thank you son. I know I haven't been the best father, but I would like to be a better grandfather to all of my grandchildren."

"Ok. We will all give you that chance, Mitchum." Rory finally says after finding her voice.

"Wonderful. Thank you Rory." Mitchum replies, then adds, "now I do believe my son was about to make an announcement when I interrupted him. Logan, I apologize. Please continue."

"Yes. Rory and I would like to announce that we have officially decided on names for our little ones. Richard Lucas and Victoria Honor Huntzberger will be arriving in just 15 weeks," Logan says.

Emily hears the name for her great-grandson and tears start to fall, "Oh you two. Richard would have loved that you chose to name your first son after him and it means so much to me as well."

Luke suddenly finds his voice, "His middle name is after me? Wow. I feel so honoured you two."

"Well Luke, you have always been there and we wanted to name our son after you and Richard, it seemed only right," Rory says.

Lorelai and Honor are both amazed and speechless to find out that both of them are being acknowledged for Rory and Logan's little girl and before long, everyone is emotional. It takes a while for everyone to get their emotions under check but when they do, Logan and Rory begin to open gifts and cake is passed around. They have everything they need for the twins and now, it's just getting it all home to be put away.