36

---Arya's POV---

Aakash has been ignoring me and it's killing me. Anisha didn't have time to talk so I was dealing with the pain of losing my best friend and boyfriend.

Everytime Hussain and I passed each other in the hall or in class we had some awkwardness between us, but I could tell he wanted to talk to me.

I missed him like crazy, but I was starting to get over it since he had just used me.

I just hope I don't ever have to talk to him again.

---Hussain's POV ---

Can I please just talk to her? That was the only thing I prayed for and today my prayers got answered when our professor paired us two together.

I took my things and went to sit by her.

The professor explained this project to us but I couldn't focus because of how close she was to me.

"So how do you want to do this?" I asked when he stopped talking.

She looked at me like I was an alien.

"I'll do it myself. You can put your name on it," she said.

Yippie! She is talking to me.

"What? No! I want to help you," I said.

"Oh please. It won't be nothing new. You've used me before," she said.

I knew she would say something like that.

"I'm really sorry for that. Let's look at this way, if I never took that option then us two would've never met and been this close," I said.

"Exactly," she said and left.

Class wasn't even over so I just did as much as the work as I could. Somehow I managed to finish it and turn it in.

"You did this all yourself?" The professor asked.

"No, she did some of it," I replied.

"I saw her leave five minutes after I passed out the work," the professor said.

"She did two problems," I lied.

The professor didn't say anything after that and let me go.

I hope that she gets some credit for the work and realizes that I love her before it's too late.