38

TWO years later

Hussain's POV

"Come on. We have to get a move on or else we will be late," Atif said annoyed.

"I'm coming! Hold your horses!" I yelled at him.

It had been two years since we had graduated and he had found someone for himself while in school. Today was the day of their wedding.

To be honest, I felt a bit jealous at times, because it was a constant reminder that I had lost the love of my life.

Flashback

"Hey," I said finally catching up to Arya.

"What?" She asked.

Thanks to being partners she started talking to me again.

"Listen, I'm sorry for everything. Arya, I love you. I understand that this bet was stupid but I fell so freaking hard for you," I said.

"I forgive you, but I don't ever want to see you again," she said.

Flashback Ends

She kept her word, because two years had gone by and I hadn't seen her. I missed her like crazy. She was my everything. All I had was the pictures of her from the time we were together.

"Ready?" Atif asked taking me out of my thoughts and I nodded.

We left and got to the venue within an hour and a half.

He got busy with the guest and I just sat by myself.

A couple came and sat by me. I didn't pay attention to them at first, but when I heard a little girl crying it got my attention. I don't know why, but it just did.

She looked to be only a couple of months old, maybe 2 months.

I then noticed that the parents looked familar. That couple was Ananaya and Aakash.

Wow, looks like her life worked out after ruining mine.

They were busy with their daughter so I left from the table without them noticing.

Eventually the ceremony got started. I kept stealing glances at them, but they wouldn't notice. God, I was so mad. I hate her for living a happy ever after while I'm stuck waiting to just glimpse of my girl.

After out break-up I didn't date anyone. For two years, I managed to live without anyone's love. I realized that everyone i ever loved has left me, so why even try again?

The ceremony was over and I went to congratulate the newlyweds.

"You seem really familar," bhabi said.

"Well, I'm your husband's bestest friend," I joked.

"No, my ex roommate used to have a picture of you and herself in her room," she said.

"Ex?" I questioned.

"Ya, she moved away about a year and a half ago," she said.

"She would tell me that she hates the guy in the picture, but at the same time he had given her the best time of her life. She kept his picture as a reminder that some people are brought into your life to teach you a lesson and he taught her to never trust anyone," she added.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Arya," she said making my heart beat faster.

"Do you know where she is now?" I asked.

"Yep. She's moved to NYC," she said.

That's great. Like I'm going to find her in a city like that.

"I have her phone number and address. In fact, I'm going to go there the day after tomorrow with Atif," she said.

Atif never told me this.

"Really?" I questioned.

"Oh ya. Them two are on the phone non-stop. I get jealous sometimes," she laughed.

"Okay. Uuummm, I have guest to attend to," I said and left.

I wonder why he hid that from me. He's talking to her constantly and I had no idea.

He's really good, because two years later they are still talking and here I am just dying to hear her voice or catch a glimpse of her.

I'm so joining the 2 newlyweds on their trip, because this bet was changed and now I'm playing for keeps.