40

---Arya's POV ---

I can't believe he just called me a b*tch!

"Hey, where are you lost?" My co-worker asked me.

"It's nothing," I said.

"Okay, back to explaining this project," he said.

---Hussain's POV ---

"Hussain?" I heard Atif asked surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"Me? What the hell are you doing? Why didn't you tell me you were speaking with Arya behind my back?" I asked.

He looked at me suprised. Looks like he never wanted me to find out.

"Sain, I was going to tell you but," he said and stopped right after.

"But?" I asked.

"I never got around to it," he said.

"Obviously. Tell me why you were talking to her anyways," I demanded.

"Just checking up here and there," he said.

"And you never thought to tell me," I said.

"She didn't want me to okay! She didn't want anything to do with you!" He blurted out.

"That's all I needed to know," I said and left.

I went back to my hotel room and booked a flight home. I left without anyone knowing that I was gone.

As soon as I got home, I switched got fresh and went to visit my family.

I got to the graves and cried my eyes out.

"I wish one of you were still here to help me out. I'm so confused. People say that once your family leaves, well your parents, that nobody cares about you and today they both proved it," I said wiping my tears.

"Leave it. They never probably cared to begin with. But let me tell you what else is going on in my life," I said and told them about my job and how amazing it was.

"Hussain," I heard someone say.

Great, I'm hearing things now.

I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey," I said.

"I heard everything. I know I probably shouldn't have stayed that long," she said but I interuppted her.

"It's okay Nayana. It's just talking to family," I said.

"You said you don't have anyone, but I'm still here for you. Come on, let's get you home," she said.

I turned to the graves and smiled.

"I'll be back eventually," I said.

We left in silence and the drive home was silent.

"Thanks for taking me home," I said.

"What are friends for," she said.

I smiled at that.

"At least I have one real friend," I said.

"Always," she said.

With that she left and I went inside.

The first thing I did was get rid of the pictures I had with my ex and my so called friend.

I found pictures of my family and put them up.

My phone went off and I saw it was Atif calling but I ignored it. He kept calling and I finally picked it up.

"What?" I asked.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"Why do you care?" I asked.

"Hussain, I'm sorry that I kept it hidden from you, but where are you?" He asked.

"Stop! Stop acting like you care! You want to know something, ever since my family passed I always thought of you as like a brother to me. I told you everything Atif. I told you about dream and about the bet. I never hid anything from you. It was my mistake that I thought you would be the same way," I said.

He didn't say anything so I disconnected the call.

A few minutes later I got a call from Arya.

"I guess you are expecting me to apologize for calling you a b*tch, so I'm sorry, are we done now?" I asked.

That was the first thing I said, not even hello.

"Uummm, I...actually...I called..I called to apologize," she said.

"For?" I asked.

"For everything," she said. "Atif told me how you made that bet but later realized that you actually loved me. I was really upset at that time and held a grudge because I was used."

"I tried telling you the same thing. Funny, how you trust the exact words I was saying, but only because they came from someone else," I said.

"Well, I couldn't trust the same guy that agreed to the bet. But, I'm sorry and I'm willing to give us a second a chance. This time you can play for Keeps," she said.

With that she hung up and I didn't do anything else. I'm seriously confused with life.