03: not in that way

03: CHAPTER THREE

03: CHAPTER THREE

TELL me why I haven't strangled Ethan yet.

I try to calm down my breathing as I twist my lock around and shove my textbooks inside. I'll show him. If he wants a piece of this, then I'll give it to him!

Blackmail is low, even for someone as pretentious as him. I still have no idea how he's managed to rope me into this, though I think we can all agree that my stupidity is to blame. I'd say it's pretty much convenient that I forgot we had a Biology test today. With so much going on in my life, my biology test had completely slipped my mind.

After all, it's rather bothersome having to hang out with Crystal and her pack of wild animals, looking for jobs online, and calling and texting my mum everyday per request.

The phone calls haven't gone too well, but then again what did I expect from my dysfunctional family? My father hadn't chipped in with a text; not that I'm expecting him to anyway. He's expressed many times that if he could go back in time, he would've used protection. It makes me wonder whether he'd do the same thing for my older sister, Sabrina.

Needless to say, her and I don't get along too well. Everything for Sabrina is a competition, and she's made it her life mission to prove that I'm the definition of a 'lazy, stuck up whore'.

I'd like to think that what goes around comes back around; and this was proven when my father caught her sneaking out at 3Am for a late night booty call. Nothing to me in this world is more amusing than the look of utter contempt and shock she had when she found out that I was the one accepted into this school, not her.

That's one thing in my life that has gone right, or has it?

Because there's nothing more worse than finding out you have an unexpected test that you haven't studied for, and therefore have decided to succumb into the lowest of the low: cheating.

I'd like to think that I've never cheated before one a test, but there's a first time for everything.

Nothing can explain the overwhelming feeling of utter mortification that coursed within me. Truth be told, I almost started sobbing aloud when I sat there as the teacher walked around the room and handed us our test papers. I'd like to think that I'm one of the only students in class who actually pay attention to what the teacher says, but as I sat there drowning in my own pity party, I realised that half the questions on the test weren't even in the book!

My misery quickly subsided into unadulterated rage, and so I succumbed into the lowest of the low when it came to students: cheating.