52: not in that way

a/n would you guys be okay if there's one more chapter after the next one? So chapter 54 will be the last one, because I decided to split it into two as it was too long (and I hate ending on an odd number)

a/n would you guys be okay if there's one more chapter after the next one? So chapter 54 will be the last one, because I decided to split it into two as it was too long (and I hate ending on an odd number). I'll see if I can fit it all but idk.

52: CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

"LISTEN, I know now where you live. If you touch a strand of my girl's hair, I'll come in the middle of the night with a baseball bat—,"

"Hah! She's not your girl anymore, mate."

"I'm not your mate, dickhead."

"Bitch."

"Prick."

"Asshat."

"Fuckface."

"Pussy."

"You fu—," That person is interrupted by the sound of a phone ringing. "Listen, we'll finish this later. Fuck off somewhere else and let me take this call."

"Kicking me out of my own apartment," I hear another voice grumble. The door slams shut after that.

My eyes fly open and I bolt upright, looking around the empty room in confusion. Had I been hallucinating that all along? I grab my phone on the nightstand and look at the time. It's four in the afternoon.

Was that all a part of my dream? I can't believe Dylan let me sleep for so long. Although, now that I'm awake, the events of yesterday start to gradually sink in and I'm left with an emptiness in my chest.

I throw the covers off me and am about to get out of bed when I hear the sound of a faint voice coming from the bathroom. The door is opened a crack and I see a figure pacing back and forth. I squint and hold the blanket to my chest, straining my ears to make out what the person is saying.

"Literally, fuck you," I hear them say. "You can't do this to me."

That voice. That goddamn voice. I could recognise it anywhere. No. It can't be.

"Okay. Just give me...just give me some time." They sigh heavily.

Silence.

I'm contemplating getting out of bed and investigating when the door of the bathroom creaks open. My lips part open at the sight before me and I feel my heart constrict painfully in my chest.

"E-Ethan?" I whimper.

He was frowning down at the ground, but as soon as he notices I'm awake, his head snaps in my direction and his face lights up in a sudden, magnetic smile. "Morning, beautiful." He glances at his phone. "Or should I say afternoon?"