33: not in that way

a/n there are some graphic scenes ahead

a/n there are some graphic scenes ahead. If you feel uncomfortable at any point, feel free to exit out of the chapter and PM me so I can sum up what happens the rest of the chapter so you don't miss out :) anyway make sure you guys vote/comment!

33: CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

I watch as a blonde girl kisses Josh's cheek. He grins and wraps an arm around her. Behind her I'm standing, and when she leaps away with her friends, I force a smile onto my face. "Happy birthday," I mutter.

Josh's grin morphs into a little smile. "Thanks. Glad you could make it." He looks around. "Cool, right?"

"Yeah." The party isn't held at his house. Rather, it's held at Martin's mansion. On the way here, Crystal told me that Martin's dad has been arrested for money laundering and tax evasion and his son decides to throw a party a day after his arrest. Quite awful.

"Well." I tuck a strand of my straight hair behind my ear. "I'm going to go to the bathroom."

Josh nods. "Cool. I'll come with you." I'm about to protest but he's already turned on his heels and heads to the spiral staircase.

I sigh in aggravation and trudge behind him. We past by a couple making out and reach a door. Josh shoves the door open and guides me inside. "Leave the door open," I demand as I head to the shiny faucet. Martin's entire house is impressive.

"Alright." Josh chuckles and shoves his hands into his pockets. I lean back up and head to the door when I'm done wiping my hands. Josh tells me he's going to wash his hands, too. I sigh and lean against the doorway.

"Where's your boyfriend?" he questions me.

"He couldn't make it," I answer in a clipped tone. Ethan hasn't texted me since earlier in the afternoon. He hasn't even looked at me. He has no right to be mad at me, especially after what he did.

"Good," Josh says. "You know he hit me today?"

"What?" I'm horrified.

"Yeah. He pushed me when I was standing in the doorway and said 'get out of my way, cunt'," he tells me.

I stifle a laugh. That sounds like something he'd say. "Oh," is all I reply.

"Teacher heard him and gave him a Saturday detention." Josh scoffs. "Deserves it, if you're asking me."

I shrug and say nothing. I don't know what he wants me to say to that. If I say that I think he deserved the shove, he wouldn't appreciate it, so I stay silent.