34: not in that way

34: CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

"BOTH OF them?"

"Yeah, that's what she told me. Couple of sick fucks."

"What do we do, Dylan?"

Dylan sighs loud and hard. "I'm thinking we press charges."

"Would she want that, though?"

Silence. Then, "It's best we don't pressure her. She'll do what she thinks is right. In the meantime, we should call over her ass of a boyfriend."

"Hey. He's not an ass. It's not his fault; he couldn't have known."

"Yeah, well he should've tried harder. Do you think Mum knows?"

His sister sighs. "I'm not sure. She's getting suspicious and worried about her. I mean, I would too if some girl stumbled into my house drunk and crying and vomiting."

"We should go. Before we wake her up."

The door shuts.

"I know you're awake."

I peek out of the blanket to see Dylan standing against the doorway and looking at me. "I feel like I'm going to throw up again," I say and sniffle loudly. I've already thrown up three times last night. Every time I think of Martin's slimy hands on me, my stomach clenches and I feel bile rise up my throat.

"That's alright, there's a bin right next to you," Dylan replies and steps inside. He crosses the room and opens the curtains. There isn't much sun today, anyway. It's been raining nonstop. "Do you want some breakfast?"

"No," I whisper and stare ahead at the wall.

"Alright. Call me if you need anything," he says and starts to head to the door.

"Wait." He pauses and looks over his shoulder. "Can you stay with me?" I'm afraid what will become of me if I'm alone with my thoughts.

He swallows. "Yeah. Alright." He inches closer to me and sinks onto the bed, propping a pillow behind his back. I lay my head on his lap and he brushes my hair away from my face. "How're you feeling?"

"Shit."

He's running his hands through my hair. "Do you want me to call Ethan over?"

"No." I wipe my nose.

He stops stroking my head. "Alli, I don't know what happened between you two but he deserves to know."