37: not in that way

question: what's your favourite scene in this book so far?

this chapter is so boring oop. I'm going through massive writers block. Buuut, on a more positive note, I'm on term break now which means I'll have more time to write. And my 17th bday is coming up, (25th of September to be exact) so there's that :)

37: CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

I'M pouring some milk into my Coco Puffs when Ethan finally emerges out of his room, dressed to the nines and ready to go out. He's even styled his hair. This earns a bemused look from me.

"Where're you going?" I ask as he heads towards the door. I take a seat on the island and swirl around in my stool.

He crouches down beside the door to tie his shoelaces. "My friends and I are going clubbing."

My spoon clangs against the bowl. "Huh. We have school tomorrow, though."

Ethan looks up from his shoes at the tone I use. "I won't drink too much," he promises.

"Who's going with you?" I move my soggy cereal around with the spoon.

"Christian and some other of my friends. I'll be back at midnight." He gets up from the floor and shoots me an infectious smile. "Don't stay up too late."

"No kissing other girls," I say as a joke, but not really, and point the end of my spoon at him.

He gives a breathtaking grin. "Wouldn't dream of it." After that, he leaves and shuts the door behind him.

I sigh and head to my room. Better start packing. Term Two is coming to an end tomorrow, and I'm going to be moving out as Ethan is going overseas. It feels like just yesterday I was a new student enrolling into this school. These people broke my heart and my spirit. I was so optimistic at the beginning. They have now ruined me.

Josh hasn't been to school in a while. The principal keeps calling me in and updating me on what's happening. He informed me there's a tremendous possibility that Josh is getting expelled. I should feel thrilled, but instead I feel hopeless. He had to do that to me to finally be removed from my life.

Things would've been so much easier if he wasn't in my life. Maybe if I didn't fall for him, maybe if I had never hung out with Crystal and her friends, maybe if I hadn't told Taylor I was crushing on him.

But then I wouldn't have met Ethan.

Throughout all this, I'm grateful that at least one good thing came out of it, and that's meeting Ethan. He's changed my life, for the better, and I fear that he might slip out of my grasp one day. I'm depressed by the idea, because I understand it's inevitable, and sooner or later we're going to graduate and he's going to forget about me. I try to push these thoughts out of my head as I stuff a duffel bag with some of my clothes.