Chapter 9

"So, I was thinking," Matty said the next day after lunch. We were sitting on the patio with cold drinks. "I haven't been in London in, like, six months, do you think we could go out tonight? See the town a little bit?" He looked from me to Teddy and back again.

Teddy looked doubtfully at me, then at Matty. "Well, we haven't really been going out very much, to be honest," he said at last. "We've sort of been sticking close to home, you know?"

"All the more reason to get out, then," said Matty with a smile, looking at me. "Don't you think Tink deserves a bit of fun? She loves to dance, don't you, sweetheart?" He reached out and covered my hand with his. "Unless you're still trying to keep this whole thing between the two of you low profile?"

Teddy shook his head. "No, not necessarily, though I'm not exactly looking forward to the shit storm when it gets out. We're just enjoying being alone, spending time together before she really has to buckle down to her practicing in September."

He looked at me. "I don't mind, darling. You want to go out? This will really be the end of our quiet time, though, you have to understand that, okay? Once we're seen together, it'll be all over social media in nothing flat, and once people find out who you are, your life will never be the same. You prepared for that?" He picked up my other hand and kissed it.

I thought about it. I didn't know what was going through Matty's mind, but a night on the town wasn't what he was after, I was pretty sure of that. On the other hand, having my relationship with Teddy become public knowledge was going to happen sooner or later, and maybe sooner would be better; maybe things would have a chance to settle down before I had to start meeting with Dr. Allen at the Royal Conservatory, and things would be on more of an even keel by then.

"Okay, why not? No one's going to be interested in me, anyway, you two are the ones who are going to have to deal with the screaming hordes of crazy fans," I said, looking at the two of them. "I mean, what's it like? Is it completely, totally nuts? Are we going to get hurt? Do you have to call your security people, or what?"

"No, it's not like that, it's not like it's all four of us, and it's not an official function, no one knows we're coming or anything like that," Matthew said, removing his hand from mine. "There are just lots of paps when we go into the clubs, and probably waiting for us when we come out, and maybe some weird girls while we're inside, but no screaming mobs, nothing like that.

"Okay, then, it's settled. One half of UK Crush, plus their intrepid interpreter, Tinker Bell the Bitchtastic," Matty grinned at me, "take London by storm tonight."

I laughed. "I didn't know you knew about 'Tinker Bell the Bitchtastic'," I said to him.

"I think we heard you say it at the water park or something," he replied, "right, Theo?"

"Yeah, I think so," Theo laughed in return, kissing my hand again. "It was pretty funny how you got in that director's face about Geth and his sunscreen. I mean, you were less than half his size, darling, and you looked like you were ready to bite a piece of his fucking face off!" He pulled me out of my chair and onto his lap, squeezing me to him and kissing the top of my head. Matty looked at us fondly, and didn't seem particularly upset by this show of affection. Perhaps this was progress.

"Where do you want to go?" Teddy asked Matty during dinner.

"I dunno. Anyplace new?" Matty responded through a mouthful of pizza.

"I'm not sure. I haven't been out in ages, mate." Teddy wiped his mouth. "Why don't we just stick with what we know? Diamonds? Okay with you?"

Matty shrugged. "Fine. And if it doesn't suit us, we can always go somewhere else."