Chapter 18

It turned out Teddy's parents had to go to a wedding the next day and had to leave very early, so they went to bed very soon after everyone left, apologizing all over the place for leaving us on our own on our first night there. I assured them that it was fine, and Teddy shooed them off to bed, telling them that we were just going to watch a movie and go to bed ourselves.

    I had changed out of my suit into a stretchy sleeveless denim sundress, and I was at that perfect level of relaxation that came from a day of wine and sun. I was looking forward to an evening of cuddle time with more wine and a great movie.

    Teddy poured me a glass and was returning to the kitchen with the bottle, but I grabbed his arm and gestured for him to just leave it. He raised his eyebrows and smiled at me.

    "Is my hummingbird going to get squiffy tonight?" he asked, sitting next to me, scooping me into his arm and nuzzling my neck.

    "If by 'squiffy' you mean slightly drunk and very horny, then the answer is yes," I said, straddling him and kissing him with great energy.

    "Mmm, perhaps we should just skip the movie and go straight to bed," he suggested, pulling one of my dress straps down and kissing my shoulder.

    "No, no, I really want you to see this," I protested, getting off of his lap and righting my strap. "This movie is beautiful, these boys are gorgeous, it has the best first kiss I've ever seen, in any movie, like, ever. And the boy who comes in right at the very, very end kind of looks like Matty, I think, I want your opinion on that, okay?" I picked up my wine glass. "I promise, I'll be nice and squiffy after the movie, honest."

    He gave a sigh of resignation and picked up his drink. "I'm nothing if not patient, though I'm not sure if I'm up for two hours of listening to you gush over two gorgeous boys who are falling in love with each other."

    "Well, you can fall in love with them and gush too," I suggested. "They're that beautiful, I promise." I leaned on his chest and put my arms around him.

    We both enjoyed The Way He Looks very much, and the kiss between Leo and Gabriel in Leo's bedroom was as moving and perfect as I remembered; I could feel Teddy tense up right before it happened, so I knew he was emotionally invested as well.

    We did miss a few scenes because we were kissing ourselves; by the end of the movie we were lying down on the couch. He had put his hand up my dress several times, and the buttons on the front had been unbuttoned.

    As the credits rolled, Teddy remarked, "I haven't snogged on a couch in my parents' house since I was in school."

    "And I've never done it at all," I said dreamily, feeling a little unreal from the wine, the sun, the romantic movie and making out with Teddy.

    "You, my darling, look incredible, unbelievably sexy," he said, looking down at me. "Your hair's a crazy mess, your dress is unbuttoned, showing your bra, your dress is all hiked up, showing your thighs and part of your knickers, Jesus Christ almighty, I could just fuck you right here on the couch--" He bent down to kiss the part of me that was exposed by my unbuttoned dress, and I arched toward his mouth, grabbing his head.

    "Fuck me, we've got to get upstairs right now, okay?" He whispered hoarsely. "I mean, there's PDA, then there's being caught shagging on the couch by your parents when you're twenty-three years old. One I'm okay with, the other not so much. Come on, darling, let's go."

        As soon as the door was closed he turned to me, unbuttoning my dress the rest of the way. "And we can be as loud as we like," said. "Their room is all the way on the other side of the house." He yanked my dress down in one quick movement, putting a foot behind me and gently tripping me onto the bed. He fell on top of me with a very satisfied "Yum," and peeled my bra off my shoulders, popping the front closure with an experienced twist of his hand.