Chapter 46

When I woke up it was dark, and I was so warm and comfortable that for a moment I had no idea where I was. Then I smelled Teddy and I knew I was in bed with him. I leaned forward, into his skin, and felt his torso, topless. Slowly the events of the afternoon came back to me, my shameful admissions of insecurity, still, after all he'd said and done to make me feel the opposite, after everything I'd supposedly accomplished on my own to become a successful, independent woman.

But none of that mattered. He loved me anyway. All of my accomplishments mattered to him. I would just have to try to see myself the way he saw me, the way I usually saw myself. After all, it was what I asked of him, wasn't it? He had insecurities, too, and I was constantly telling him not to see himself that way, but rather to see him as I saw him, as the love of my life, the wonderful person he was.

He pulled me in, hooking his leg over and rubbing his hips against me, producing a rush of desire that made my blood run hot. I pulled my shirt off over my head and threw it off the bed. As I fumbled with the closure on my bra, he brushed my hands away, whispering, "No, that's my favorite part, let me, please," and with a quick twist, he released the hooks, spreading it open and putting his hands on me with a satisfied sigh. I shrugged the bra off, tossing it out to join the shirt.

I pulled my pants down and kicked them off, down into the nether regions of the bed, and shucked my underwear off in one quick motion. I quickly reached over to him and did the same. We were both so ready. I reached for him, murmuring, "I can't wait, don't want to wait..." I pumped him, feeling him hardening in my palm, feeling something warm leaking onto my hand as he groaned.

He didn't answer, merely grabbed my leg and lifted it over himself, pushing into me with a deep exhalation that came from far within him. We stayed that way for a long time, just kissing each other without moving any other part of our bodies, not even talking.

He had his arm across the top of my head, his fingers stroking the side of my face. He kissed me, over and over, looking into my eyes, just devouring my mouth.

"You are so lovely," he whispered. "I can't imagine anyone looking as beautiful as you, ever. When I'm with you, like this, there are no words to describe how I feel." He pushed into me, just a little, and he closed his eyes. "Please believe that, believe me, oh, god, here I come--" and he made a long exhalation, full of effort, and I could feel his warmth spreading inside me. He quickly put his hand between us, his fingers on me, taking me with him, causing me to shudder and tighten my leg around him, making me hold my breath for long seconds as I grasped his neck tightly.

We finally both relaxed, our thighs tacky, our bodies sweaty, unwilling to separate, holding each other.

"How about if we take a shower and order in some food, hmm?" he said, pushing my hair out of my face. "Rations are starting to get low, and I'm starving."

"Sounds fine," I answered, snuggling close. "What should we have?"

"What would you like, sweetheart?" He looked at me.

"Whatever. Sushi?" I suggested.

"How did I know you'd say that?" He smiled as he picked up his cell phone.

Freshly showered, in warm pjs, we sat and ate tons of delicious sushi (obviously Janelle had never heard of this place) as we watched Straight Outa Compton. Lucy and Molly were very interested in the sushi, so we finally had to shut them in the laundry room until we were finished eating, which offended them very much.

We sat together after we'd cleaned up and let the girls out to finish watching the movie, and decided to make it a double feature night, since our nap had been so long. For our second feature, we went artsy and watched The Cell, a gorgeous movie starring Jennifer Lopez. It was directed by an Indian director who had gone to design school, so he had an amazing eye for color and texture. It was a sad, sad story that made me cry, a serial killer crime drama, very tense and scary. I hid my eyes in Teddy's side many times.

"Ready for bed?" He asked me as the credits rolled. "It's pretty late, but we did sleep a long time this afternoon, and I think I'm ready for a nice, friendly shag."

"With me?" I asked in surprise. "Even though my ass won't fit through a keyhole?" I smiled, running my finger down his chest.

"You certainly got your confidence back fast," he said with a smile to match my own, grabbing my hand and kissing my finger. He then rubbed my bottom in a very friendly way."And the answer is yes, I cant wait to see this bum up close and personal." He nuzzled my neck. "Feeling better, then?"

"You make me strong," I said simply. "Thank you for that."

"You make me happy," he returned. "Thank you for that." He stood.

"Come on, let's go to bed." He reached out his hand to me. I took it and stood, hugging myself to him.