Chapter 25

AN: I've finally mastered the art of putting pictures above the chapter markers, hurray (I'm such a Luddite, you have no idea)! I've gone back and inserted them (and videos) to all my chapters, so I'm feeling particularly accomplished.

I woke up very early and very thirsty. Teddy reached for me as I rolled over, murmuring, "What time is it?"

    I kissed him, saying, "Really early, sleep some more."

    He wouldn't let go, smiling, saying, "Mmm, you're warm, come here, you," pulling me close. He fell back asleep, and I wiggled out.

    I dressed quietly, pulling on jeans, thick socks with Elmo all over them, a T-shirt and an oversized sweater the exact shade of Elmo himself.

    I went down to the sunny kitchen and drank an entire bottle of deliciously cold water. I found the coffee pot, and an obviously brand new bag of coffee in the freezer, which Geth must have bought just for me. I got it started, and looked around to see what I could make for breakfast.

    He kept an amazingly well stocked kitchen, and it was so early that I decided to just go crazy and make breakfast for everyone. Two hours later the house was pleasantly warm and smelled of muffins.

    Ronan was the first to wander downstairs, rubbing his eyes. "What smells so delicious?" He asked, zipping up his pants. He looked like a little boy.

    "Morning," I said with a smile, going up on tiptoe for a kiss.

    "Morning," he returned my smile. "I dreamed about you last night, lass, I think because we were in that chair together for so long." His smile grew bigger as he put the kettle on for tea.

    "Yeah? What was it about?" I asked, leaning on the counter.

    "Oh, it was nice, we were having a picnic in a forest somewhere, eating the best food I'd ever had. It was so quiet and beautiful, just you and me, and all these different kinds of cake and desserts and stuff. Only I couldn't tell if you were me girlfriend or me sister, isn't that weird?" He turned to me, his face one big question. "I mean, we weren't snogging or anything like that," he hastened to reassure me, "but the way I felt was very romantic, and we were feeding each other bits of food and that, and holding hands, which isn't what a person would normally do with a sister, you know?"

    I handed him a muffin. "Here, banana oatmeal, your favorite. You want me to feed it to you? Hmm?" I smiled at him.

    "You made these this morning?" He took a bite. "What time did you get up?"

    I shrugged. "A couple hours ago."

    He looked at me. "Can I tell you a secret? Promise you won't tell the lads?"

    I took a step closer. "Cross my heart and hope to die. I love secrets, Ronan. Spill!" I smiled and leaned in.

    He grinned conspiratorially and leaned closer himself. "I met someone, like you said, a nice, normal girl!"

    I grabbed him around the neck and pulled myself in for a hug as he grabbed me with his free hand, holding his muffin hand out of the way.

    "Oh, Ronan, I'm so happy for you!" I smacked him on the cheek. "When? Where? What's her name? You have a picture? Tell me everything!"

    "Slow down, slow down," he laughed. "I met her a few weeks ago, down at the pub right after we came back from Japan. She works there, and she didn't really even know who I was at first, like you! Her name's Lizzie, Elizabeth, and I'll show you her picture, hold on." He pulled his phone out of his pocket and scrolled through until he found the one he wanted. He showed me a selfie of himself with a pert looking blonde, both of them smiling, obviously in a pub, holding matching pints of Guinness. She was very pretty, head tilted to touch Ronan's. There were others, of the two of them in his house, in his car, of her walking a dog, the two of them at some sort of concert.