Chapter 27

We all went to bed early, wanting Geth to get a good night's sleep. He shut the door to our room and leaned on it, smiling at me.

    "Finally," he sighed, pulling me to him, hugging me tightly, tucking his head into my neck and inhaling deeply. "You smell so good," he whispered. "Been wanting this, to be close to you, all fucking day," he continued as he undressed me, running his hands down my legs, kissing them and my midriff on his way back up. He bit into the soft flesh of my tummy, moaning, sucking, marking me with small purple and blue spots, licking them after. I kept my hands on his head, feeling wetness in my undies, my moans mixing with his.

    He quickly took his own clothes off, hit the light switch and led me to the bed. We took off our underclothes, tossing them out one by one, and he sat up as I lay in front of him.

    He spread my legs, stroking the insides of my thighs, staring as he touched me in the near complete darkness. "Can see how wet you are," he breathed. "Glistening for me. Feel like I could come just from seeing you, smelling you."

    He settled on me, smoothing the hair away from my face as he adjusted his hips, lining himself up, brushing himself against my slick center. I rolled my hips into him, watching as his eyes rolled up into his head from the sensation.

    He pushed into me, forcing a groan out of me as I felt him, thick and hot, all the way to my navel, it seemed like. His mouth fell open, though no sound came out, as I squeezed him. He licked his lips while closing his eyes, and a tear squeezed out of each, surprising me. His hands gripped mine on either side of my head, fingers intertwined, and he dropped his forehead to rest against mine. "Feeling emotional today," he murmured with a little shrug and a small smile. Even in what little light we had, I could see his perfect, Cupid's bow mouth, the color of ripe raspberries.

    We stayed that way for a while. He let go of my hands and brought his to the sides of my face, stroking my cheeks, then he brought his mouth down until it was almost touching mine. I wrapped my arms around his back, holding him tightly.

    "Want to breathe the same air as you," he whispered. "Want to taste the same thing, feel what you feel." He sighed deeply, exhaling into my mouth. I breathed, feeling his warm air in my lungs. He held my head in his strong hands, pulling out of me very slightly before thrusting, very slowly, very strongly, filling my lungs with warm air from his again. This time he lowered his mouth onto mine, an act of possession, pushing his tongue into my mouth, kissing me deeply and long, pushing my head into the pillow. I could feel his tears on my face. A few actually fell into my eyes, making me blink, making me cry his tears. He could see them streaking my face in the light from outside, and he kissed them.

    "Don't want to come tonight, okay?" He asked. "Want to be as close to you for as long as I can, yeah?"

    "But I'm already really close," I whispered. "I don't know if I'll be able to stop it, I can't control it like you do."

    "You are?" He was surprised. "But how? Haven't even done anything, barely moved, haven't even touched you."

    "I don't know. A lot of it is just emotions, knowing how you're feeling, looking at your face..." I trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

    He thought for a moment. He looked at my face, then kissed me again, pushing strongly into me, nearly finishing me just with that one action. "You are the most amazing person I have ever known," he murmured. "Love you, I do," he said, breathing into my mouth, finishing with another kiss, moaning.

    And I went spiraling out over the edge, spinning deliriously past consciousness, like the first time, into blackness, my arms grasping convulsively at his body, trying and failing to hold on. "Teddy, I'm falling..."

    "Birdie, wake up. Wake up, my darling," he whispered into my ear. I opened my eyes, turning my head. Teddy was next to me, mouth next to my ear. I turned my body so I was facing him.

    "I guess I came," I said with a drowsy smile.

    "I guess we both did." He smiled back, tucking some hair behind my ear, and putting an arm around me to pull me close.

    "Really? I thought you didn't want to," I said in soft surprise.

    "Well I didn't, but when you come like that, so hard that you pass out, it's pretty extraordinary, what happens down there," he said.

    "What happens?" I asked, more than a little curious.

    "It's like an earthquake or something," he said. "I'm not joking," he said as I started to laugh. "I mean, there's always some sort of muscle spasm or something, you know, feels fantastic, but when you faint, it's crazy, like a bunch of hands grabbing at me all at once, and you, um, shrink or something, contract, to like half your regular size. That's the best I can describe it. Or an earthquake, seriously.

    "So, well, there was no hanging on after that, I shot my load, to put it bluntly. And you were out cold, but I wasn't scared this time, so I waited a bit, pulled out, and started trying to wake you up." He kissed me. "I wonder what makes you faint? You know, just sometimes," he mused.

    "Well, this time, it was probably a lack of oxygen," I said. "I was breathing air that you'd already breathed, which would have, like half the oxygen of regular air because it had already been in your lungs, you know?"

    "My little genius girl," he laughed, sighing.

    "Why the sigh?" I asked, touching his face.

    "I'm always a bit melancholy after we make love; I don't know if you knew that. I like when we're together, you know, coupled or whatever, and I feel kind of lonely when we come apart. I mean, I love to have orgasms, they're wonderful, and when I was with other women, they were all I was after, but when I'm with you, well..." He paused, twirling my hair around his finger. "I like the being inside you part, too, you know?" He lowered his voice to nearly a whisper, and pulled himself closer. "That's why I always like to hold you after. It's less lonely. When we make love, it's like we're one person. I like feeling so close to you. I wish I could feel that way all the time, honestly.

    "Is that weird, you think?" He looked into my eyes.

    I shook my head. "I knew some of that. You said it that day when you were talking to Geth. And I've always felt that way about you. I love the way it feels when you're inside me, and I always miss you when you first pull out of me; I feel so empty." I kissed his nose. "I love orgasms, too, but I wouldn't care if I never had another one. I love making love with you, just for that feeling of closeness when you're in me. I've never felt that close to anyone."

    I closed my eyes and tucked my head under his chin. "I love you, Theodore Shelley," I whispered. I squeezed him with all my strength. He squeezed me back.

    "Let's get our pjs on so we don't freeze to death while we're sleeping, okay?" He whispered. I nodded, and we quickly put on our pajamas and crawled back into bed, into each others arms.

    I heard something as we were drifting off. I ignored it and kept heading toward sleep, but I heard it again, a little louder, and it wouldn't be ignored. From the other side of the wall came a keening, a small sound of despair, of misery. I lifted my head.

    Next to me, Teddy stirred. "What's the matter?" He asked.

    "I heard something," I whispered.

    "Like what? A mouse or something?" He asked.

    "No," I responded. "Just hush for a moment, please," I requested, and he hushed. I heard it again. It was coming from Ronan's room, next door.

    "Something's wrong with Ronan," I said, getting out of bed.

    "Ronan?" Teddy asked. "I didn't hear a thing. Are you sure?"

    "Yes." I said. "You'd better come."

    He rolled out of bed. "Of course."

    My heart was already going out to Ronan, because this could only be the result of one thing. He had so been looking forward to his FaceTime date with his new girl Lizzie. I quietly knocked on his door and turned the knob.