Chapter 45

The storm of who I was raged around us on social media, the paparazzi buzzed on our street, and even on the boys' streets (there was funny video on some entertainment show of Ronan giving some cameraman the finger as he was taking out his trash) as everyone swarmed all over, trying to unearth more information about me.

    Everyone found it incredible that I had no social media presence at all; apparently some fan sites were even running contests to see who could find me on FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, SnapChat, or anywhere, under any name. People were trying all sorts of combinations of my nickname and real names, and even names related to mine. The frenzy over me was insane.

    Somehow, in all of this, no one knew that Teddy called me Birdie, so no one was looking under that name. Not that it would have mattered, as they wouldn't have found anything, anyway; it was nice to have something remain private, though.

    Jennifer Jordan was quoted numerous times, saying that she knew he was seeing me, but that was all she really knew. "I hope he's happy, of course," she said in her Geordie accent. "We're still good friends, what do you mean?" This was in response to a very barbed, unkind question about me.

    We stayed indoors, with the curtains drawn, eating when we felt like it, watching movies, making love, playing board games, showering, reading to each other, knitting, playing with Molly and Lucy, communicating with friends, and relaxing.

    In a way, it was convenient, because it was the week I was on my period, so it was nice not having to worry about what I was going to wear when I left the house. And I didn't have to worry about what "supplies" to use, and whether it would get in the way of our very active and spontaneous sex life. I'd been shocked the first time Teddy had wanted to make love and I'd told him that I was on my period, assuming that this would effectively shut down any activity in this area.

    "Don't care," he'd whispered, pulling my nightgown over my head.

    "What?" I'd responded, sitting up in bed, not bothering to whisper. We were alone in the house, after all.

    "What's the problem?" He'd asked, and I could see him smiling in the semidarkness, sitting up himself so he could kiss me and take his own shirt off.

    "I said 'I'm on my period'," I'd repeated with emphasis.

    "Yeah, and I said I don't care," he'd repeated with even more emphasis, enjoying himself, pulling me closer. "Is there, um, anything you need to, remove, before we get started?" He'd asked delicately.

    "What?" I'd asked again, my voice going up at least an octave.

    "Jesus, is that all you can say?" He'd laughed, stroking my hair. "I'm asking if you're wearing a tampon, you silly goose."

    "Teddy, at the risk of being indelicate, we'll get blood everywhere," I'd said, trying not to sound horrified. "How can you not care?"

    He'd shrugged. "It bothered me with other women, if I'm being honest, but it's you, it's just a different aspect of being close to you, who cares? And we'll be quick as rabbits, no worries." And he'd pulled me in and kissed me again, moaning comfortably. "So go to the bathroom, remove whatever needs removing, grab a few dark towels or whatever to put on the bed, and let's get going, I'm randy as fuck.

    "Unless you don't want to?" He'd stopped talking, stuck by this new idea. "Is that what you're saying? You think it's gross? I don't want to, um, pressure you in any way..." He peered at me, trying to read my expression.

    I'd just shaken my head. "If you're game, I sure am," I'd responded, laughing. "Let me go get ready."

    And so I had, and he was right, it was just us, in a different way, with a lovely shower after, with more love making there, too.