Chapter 24

AN: A fluffy chapter, which are some of my favorite to write; just the five of them, hanging out. And all the usual disclaimers about language, etc., though if you've read this far, you must surely know that if I can think it, I will say it lol. And the above clip from Pulp Fiction is the one Tink references; OBVIOUSLY there's "language", it's Tarantino!!

❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️
"Just like in Japan," Ronan said with satisfaction from his place on the floor as I sat on the sofa above him. He put an arm around my calves, rubbing fondly, as Geth scooped me into his arm. Matty sat on the other side of me and Teddy sat on the end.

Everyone had switched to beer, except me, of course; Geth had poured me another glass of white, and we all settled in to watch Pulp Fiction, a group favorite. We had great fun yelling out our favorite lines, and I just enjoyed being with my boys. I wished there was some way we could all live together, though I was sure that none of them would like it nearly as much as I would.

I was surprised, therefore, when Ronan announced, "I wish we could be this way always, you know? Just live in a compound, the five of us, like in the early days? Remember that, boys? When we shared that great house? I mean, Tink wasn't there of course, but it was grand, wasn't it? Just rattling around together? And it would only be more fun with Tinker Bell in the mix."

"Yeah, and what would happen when we got girlfriends, then?" Asked Gethin. "Or married? You think the ladies in our lives would enjoy sitting around watching us play BZG in our underwear? Or watching movies with us until all hours while we drank ourselves stupid?"

"Well, Tinker Bell's a girl, and she doesn't mind so much," Ronan retorted. "Do you, angel?" He rubbed my calf and looked up at me. "She does just fine with all of us, even helps us when we're drunk and all."

I mussed his head affectionately. "No, Ro, I don't mind. I love it. I would love to live with all of you and take care of you forever."

"Tink's what you call the exception to the rule," said Gethin, kissing my hair. "She's a very unusual girl, and we met and became friends under very unusual circumstances. Most women wouldn't put up with half our shit," he said with a laugh.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked. On the screen, John Travolta had just "shot Marvin in the face", one of my all time favorite lines, delivered hysterically by him. "You are the four nicest guys I've ever met in my entire fucking life. It's completely beyond my comprehension that you haven't been snatched up by some extremely nice girls already. The world is crawling with wonderful, smart, beautiful, normal women who would love nothing better than to be with you, live with all of you. What in the hell have you guys been doing?"

"We've been on fucking tour," said Matthew plaintively.

"Or in the studio, or doing publicity, or writing," added Gethin.

"The first wonderful, smart, beautiful normal woman to come along got grabbed up by dimples here," said Ronan, jerking his thumb in Teddy's direction. "He always gets everything first," he complained.

"You guys are just too slow," Teddy said, grinning.

"I told her I liked her practically on the day we met," said Matty mildly, "and it was still too late." He twirled my hair and smiled at me. Everyone looked over at him in surprise. I wouldn't have believed that he could make even such a small joke about it so soon.

Ronan reached behind him to pat Matty's leg. "Good man, you are."

A little later, Ronan looked around, rubbing his arms. "A little chilly down here on the floor." He got up and moved to the recliner, which sat at an angle next to the sofa. "Geth, you got a blanket or something around here, bro?"