Chapter 42

It was amazing to me that in less than two months Teddy's North London house had come to seem like home, and I was glad to be back in it. Molly and Lucy seemed to have missed us as well, winding around our legs and purring, and could they have gotten bigger in five days?

    We unpacked, started some laundry, and called out for some dinner. I made a shopping list so we could go to the market the next day, and we decided that was enough activity for one day, so we changed into pjs and settled down to watch a movie, which turned into movie sex, which turned into bedtime sex, and suddenly it was the next day.

    "Amazing how time flies when all you do is have sex," Teddy remarked, stretching and smiling. "Good morning, darling." He gathered me in, hugging me and tickling me at the same time, making me shriek and scare the kittens off the bed, where they had crept in the night.

    "And I'm rendered deaf again," he said, covering my mouth with his hand.

    "Well, if you don't want me screaming in your ear you shouldn't tickle me when my mouth is so close to your head," I said reasonably, snuggling up to him.

    "Fair enough, fair enough," he said, kissing my neck.

    I hopped out of bed and headed off toward the bathroom.

    "Hey!" He jumped out of bed and followed me. "Where are you going?"

    "Shower," I called over my shoulder.

    "Why so fast?" He sounded plaintive. "What about good morning sex? We haven't done that in a while."

    "I have my meeting with Dr. Allen at 11:00, remember?" I said as I turned on the water. "And it's already after 8:00."

    "So, you have lots of time," he said, following me into the bathroom. "It's not even an hour to the Royal Whatsit from here."

    "Not by car, but I can't count on you to drive me every week," I countered, going into the WC and shutting the door. "I have to take the tube, and I have to leave early today, because I don't know how long it will take this first time." I emerged and took my pjs off. "So it will have to be afternoon sex today, okay?" I gave him a fast kiss on my way into the shower.

    "I think you've got the wrong end of the stick," I heard him say as I lathered up my hair.

    "How so?" I asked.

    "Well, you're not going to take the tube all the time, and have me drive you once in a while. I'm going to drive you most of the time, and you're only going to take the tube when I can't. Unless I can make you listen to reason, and you let me hire a car for you on the days I can't drive you myself," he said as he stepped into the shower with me.

    "Teddy, what are you doing?" I laughed. "I just finished telling you why I don't have time for this today."

    "And I just finished telling you why you do," he responded with a laugh, pinning me against the wall and kissing me, hard, with force, in that way that as a liberated woman I was supposed to hate, but as a truthful woman I had to admit made my insides turn to Jell-o. He held my head in position with his hand, breathing through his nose and making noises, half kissing, half biting me. He moved down my body, putting his mouth on my breasts, using his hand between my legs, making me weak, making me start to sink down to the floor. When I was just about to pass out, he removed his hand and mouth, lifting me by the waist and thrusting himself into me, exhaling sharply, biting into my shoulder in the same place he always did, where I was starting to get a scar in the shape of his teeth. I relished the pain in my shoulder, as I associated it with the pleasure of making love with him, and I made a high pitched sound of my own, a helpless call of happiness as I grasped his shoulders and wrapped my legs around him. He pushed in to me very gently, a few times, then I felt his warmth inside of me, heard him gasp my name, and I came again, tightening my legs almost until they cramped.