The Baby

It was late at night and Alec had a rough day today. You've been trying to cheer him up, but it wasn't working. You remembered about a year ago back in Sandbrook you and Alec tried for a baby and you got one, but then you had a miscarriage and it was the hardest thing. Alec wasn't really the same after that. You've tried to talk to him about trying for another baby, but he was always finding a way to get out of the conversation. Tonight however he couldn't escape it because you were pregnant and you had to tell him or else if you waited a week he would get mad.
"Alec..." you sang his name and walked over to him as he sat on the couch going through files of the Broadchurch case.
"Yes love?" He replied. You put your hands on his shoulders and gently rubbed them.
"Well I was thinking about having a baby and-" Alec cut you off right there.
"Please (Y/N) not now I'm busy" he rejected the subject again.
"Alec we need to-"
"I said not right now!" He half shouts getting a bit annoyed and angry.
You jump at the yell "I'm pregnant" you mutter.
"What?" Alec stands up and turns around to face you.
"What did you just say?" He asked
"I'm pregnant" you stutter and look at the floor.
"How long?" He crossed his arms
"How long what?" You reply
"How long have you known?" He asked
"Just a day" you replied.
"Are you sure?" He looks you in the eye.
"Yes I'm sure" you walk over to him so you could be face to face with him.
"How far along are you?" He grabs your hand.
"10 weeks" you whisper. He nods silently and squeezed your hand. He gets down on his knees and lifts up your shirt and kissed your stomach.
"This one will be born, we won't fail it" Alec says to you.
"We won't fail you" he kissed your stomach again and then stood up. You had tears in your eyes.
"I'm sorry" he kissed your forehead, you leaned into it and then hugged him.
"I love you (Y/N) Hardy"
"I love you too Alec" you smiled.
"Should we start unboxing the baby clothes?" He chuckles.
"I think we should start looking for a bigger house" you laugh.