Telling The Truth

This case was very depressing to be honest. I mean why wouldn't it be? It was a death of a young child who was well loved across the town. You could see trying to find the killer and running out of time was making Alec anxious and angry. People always kept thinking about Sandbrook and thinking he would fail this case because he failed his last one. One night you both were getting ready for bed.
"Alec..?" You ask as you sit on the end of the bed waiting for him to get done changing out of his work clothes.
"What?" He asked as he unbuttoned his shirt.
"Can you just tell me?" You ask
"Be more specific" He replied looking at you.
"Tell me what happened at Sandbrook...it's eating at you. You can't hide the truth forever" you reply. He takes off his shirt and puts on a plain gray one. He comes and sits at the end of the bed along with you.
"I guess...you're right" he sighs.
"I'm listening" you grab his hand.
"There was a necklace belonging to one of the girls we found in Lee's car. It was the jackpot to getting him put into jail. One of the officers had it and was taking it back, but they stopped at a hotel to get a drink first. The officers car was broken into and the necklace was stolen" he explains not really giving the whole truth to the story.
"Why did they go to an hotel to get a drink?" You question.
"The officer was having an affair with one of the other officers on the team and wanted to celebrate" he says quietly.
"She was my ex wife and so I took the blame at the time because I still loved her" he ends his story. You squeezed his hand
"It's okay Alec, the truth is safe with me" you look up and smile at him. He gives you a faint smile and it suddenly disappeared. You let go of his hand and basically attacked his lips with a kiss. He kissed back wanting the affection, he really missed it since he had been busy with the case. He pushed you back on the bed he was on top of you kissing your lips. Your hands went up his shirt and wondered around. He pulled away and started getting all weary you reached over to your night stand and got his pills and gave them to him. He took them quickly and you waited a minute to make sure he was okay.
"God...I'm sorry. I'm screwing things up. I can't even have a make out session with you before..."
"Hey, stop you're just adding more stress and that's the last thing you need" you get closer to his face and tug on his shirt. Your lips slowly go back onto his and kiss them softly. His hand caresses your cheek as he kissed your lips. He lays on his side and you lay on your side as he ran his fingers through your hair.
"God how did I deserve you?" He asked breathing heavily.
"That's a good question Mr. Hardy" you giggle.
"I love you future Mrs. Hardy"
"I love you too Alec"