4th of July

Request for: stayin_alive

Alec and you had been dating for along time. It all started when you left America to visit London for the first time. You ended up in the small town of Broadchurch and fell in love with it. Yes, you had family back home, but it was time to start a new life and you thought even though you were far away Broadchurch would be the perfect place to begin your new life. Your brothers helped you move and with your background in working with the FBI you became a detective in the small town of Broadchurch. Obviously that is how you met Alec. You both officially started dating and he asked you to move in. Sometimes you felt weird living in London because everyone had the normal accent and you didn't. Alec had his Scottish accent and Daisy had her British one. July started to roll around and you became home sick. You had many memories of you with your brothers lighting off fireworks. One time one of the fireworks fell over and it caught your yard on fire and many different colors surrounded you, but no one got hurt. Your parents would throw a huge 4th of July party inviting friends and family to light off fireworks. Your grandparents had a farm so everyone would gather there and eat and have a couple beers. They would get big packages of fireworks and wait to light those off at the end. There was a pool with lights around it that all the kids would swim in. There was also a trampoline and a swing for all the kids to play on. This year you would miss the big party and all the fireworks. The only way you would see the fireworks is by watching your sisters snapchat story. Your parents were upset that you wouldn't be coming, but you had work and you didn't want to leave Alec.

Today was the 4th of July the day went by quickly for you and you got off work early. You watched your sisters story with all the fireworks and watching your parents lighting them. What made you the most homesick was it was your parents anniversary on the Fourth of July so after lighting the fireworks they exchanged their vows because that's what they always did. Then everyone would go out on the boat and go to the lake and watch other people's fireworks. Soon it became late and Alec was still not home. It was around 9:30 and you saw his car in the drive way. He came to the door and opened it.
"Come on," he says with a smile.
"What?" You asked confused
"Just bloody hurry up." He grabs your hand and drags you out of the house and into the car.
"Alec, where are we going? it's late," you ask. You were a bummed about not being at home for the special day and you did not want to be out at night.
"Just trust me okay?" Alec replied. You just nod in response and look out the window imagining fireworks going off. Alec stops the car and you realize you were at the beach.
"What are we doing here? I thought you hated beaches?" You say
"Just follow me." He gets out of the car and starts to walk towards the beach. You sigh and start to follow him. He runs over to you and grabs your hand and walks along side you.
"Get ready my love," he says
"For what?" You ask and proceed to look up and you see Alec going to light a firework.
"...Alec..." you whisper. He lit the firework and it shot up into the sky and lit up the entire sky with purple then blue and then pink. As you watched you looked over to your right and saw a pile of fireworks and a blanket. He gave you a match.
"Want to light one off?" He asks
"Yes!" You cheer excitedly and go to pick one out. You chose a small colorful fountain firework and lit it off. Alec lit off some more and you laid back on the blanket and watched them. He came and laid down next to you once they were all gone. Other people were lighting some off too and they were close to the beach so you both had the perfect spot. You turn to Alec and lay your head on his chest.
"Thank you Alec." He wraps his arm around you.
"You're welcome love," he says.
You both watched the other fireworks and as time passed you became less homesick because you would make new memories with Alec on special occasions and you couldn't wait to make them.