♛Confidence♛[Namjin] (part 2)

♥︎

"Come and lay with me Namjoon" Seokjin requests, gently tugging on his sleeve towards the inside of his room.

Namjoon  looks at him with a shocked , flustered expression "What?"

Namjoon is tired. It's very clear to Seokjin.

He has longer guarding hours now. It must be exhausting to stand for hours keeping alert at all times while everyone else was sleeping peacefully. Sometimes he has to walk up and down the long corridors as well which would tire out anyone.

Some days he doesn't sleep much at all. That bothered Seokjin.

He knew that his words came out as possibly a more suggestive request so he clarified.

"Not like how you're thinking dummy, I mean that you should rest. You haven't been sleeping much at all lately" Seokjin went on like a worried mother with his arms crossed.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be quite fine" Namjoon insisted

Seokjin sighs, leaning against the doorframe "You always say you're fine when you're really not. Come on now" he pulls him into the room.

Namjoon started panicking and tried to get out of his grip "B-but I can't, I have to guard outside your room remember? Besides I don't think your parents would like me hanging around in your room"

"Not really...if you're inside isn't that better anyways? You don't have to walk up and down the halls if your already there next to me right?" Seokjin responded "besides I'm sure they wouldn't mind as long as you're doing your job still which is quote end quote 'protecting me'".

Namjoon tried to think of another reason to defend his own point "W-what if-"

"Ahh, you always have an excuse" Seokjin interrupted annoyed "Aren't we friends Namjoon? Why are you resisting me? I just want you to be well"

And oh no, he's doing it again, the pout.

He's always been able to use that on others so that they do what he wants.

Namjoon, having a weakness for it, gives in.

"Fine" he sighed defeated.

Seokjin smiled triumphantly dragging Namjoon fully into his room.

"Now take off this heavy jacket of yours, I doubt it would be very comfortable to lie in"

"You mean like on your bed? No no no I couldn't, I'll gladly sleep on the floor next to a wall or something"

"Absolutely not," Seokjin snapped "I refuse to let my good friend of nearly 20 years sleep on the floor, now have a seat, I'll be back shortly" he made his way over to the changing panel next to his closet.

Even though they are childhood friends, they couldn't just something like this on a whim. It would seem to others as ...inappropriate.

But Namjoon knew it made no sense to argue anymore and unbuttoned the jacket, leaving him in a thin long sleeved shirt. He did admit to himself that he felt better without it on.

He waited on the bed patiently for Seokjin to change into his nightwear. The rustling of clothing behind the panel made his cheeks flush red. He felt like a nervous newlywed on his wedding night.

He closed his eyes tightly and slapped his face lightly in an attempt to rid his mind of those foolish thoughts.

He opened his eyes again to see Seokjin now wearing a white silk gown. He couldn't stop himself from staring. This was definitely something you would imagine a bride wearing on that special night that he tried to forget about just a moment ago. He's never seen Seokjin wear something like this before. Given that he's only seen him in sleepwear only a handful of times, the night clothes were nothing compared to this. It seemed special, like something you would save for a special time.

"What is it?"

"Huh?" Namjoon snaps out of his daze.

"Well, you're just staring at me" Seokjin looked down, holding his hands together.

Namjoon gushed internally at how adorable Seokjin can be "Oh, I'm sorry, there's nothing wrong I just couldn't help but admire how you look right now"

Seokjin kept his head down "I-I see" he shuffled towards the opposite side of the bed and turned off the lights before plopping down onto the plush mattress.

Namjoon laid down also , taking notice that Seokjin wasn't facing him at all. In fact he was quite far from him as well.

He decided to be a tad daring and pulled him closer by the waist. He didn't think Seokjin would mind but the action made Seokjin tense up and he could tell from the moonlight outside that his ears were tinted pink.

Namjoon's face was at first confused then grew into a smirk when he realized that Seokjin was actually shy the whole time but pretended that it wasn't a big deal to him.

"So after all that demanding and insisting of being here, this is how you act? And I thought I was the nervous one" Namjoon whispered smugly.

"I'm not nervous" Seokjin mumbled out quickly.

"Oh you're not nervous? Then why is your heart beating so hard, hmm?" Namjoon asked teasingly.

"I-I don't know"

"You're so cute, you know that?" Namjoon then pressed his body closer so that he reach Seokjin's ear to press the shell of it between his lips.

Seokjin jumped and smacked Namjoon's arm lightly.

"Yah, don't do that" Seokjin said weakly as he brought up a hand to touch his ear.

"Alright I won't, sorry " Namjoon chuckled deeply, letting his head rest back on the pillow.

He squeezed Seokjin's waist before saying 'goodnight' and Seokjin responded saying the same.