♛Confidence♛ [Namjin] (part 3)

♥︎

Seokjin jolted awake hearing a loud commotion from his room.

Shouting yelling and banging.

Namjoon barged into his room panically yelling at him to pack some clothes in a bag.

His heart sunk when he realized what was happening. Not again

He sprung out of bed and carelessly dumped in a change of clothes and some money he keeps in a safe and ran on the room with Namjoon. He was able to only get a glimpse of the chaos of people being beaten and pinned down as they raced through the halls.

They made it to the secret entrance which led outside unnoticed by anyone. They ran out hand in hand in the heavy rain, holding onto their bags tightly towards the horse stable. They quickly mounted onto two separate horses and rode out of the castle as fast as the horses could.

Namjoon was slightly more in front of Seokjin as they went into the forest. He cursed when he cold hear the gallop of other horses and other men yelling behind them.

He turned back and grew nervous when he couldn't see any of them but only Seokjin with a terrified look on his face. Soon thunder started booming, almost earthquaking. The sound spooked both horses and Seokjin fell of his with a yelp, into the mud.

"Jin!" Namjoon yelled out, stoping his horse and jumped off to help him up. Seokjin's horse ran off into another part of the forest.

He pulled him by the shoulders to get his face out the dirt. Seokjin had his eyes clenched shut with mud all over them.

"It's in my eyes! I-It stings" Seokjin cried holding onto Namjoon's arm. Namjoon could hear the voices getting closer.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine, okay? Just get up and hold onto me" Namjoon helped him up and Seokjin clutched onto his jacket as they speed walked to Namjoon's horse. Namjoon helped him up onto the horse and got on as well, Seokjin held onto his waist. He made the horse gallop again, trying to throw off the people chasing after him.

After a while, he couldn't hear them anymore, just the hard hitting rain.

Soon, they made it to where they were supposed to, a small cabin the royal family used in case of emergencies that require evacuation. Just like this.

He got off the horse and helped Seokjin off. He tied the horse and went to Seokjin concerned, cupping his face, taking notice that his eyes are now open.

"Do your eyes still hurt?" Namjoon asked.

"Y-yeah, but only a bit. The rain washed the mud off my face" Seokjin answered, blinking every so often.

Namjoon nodded and opened the door and they both went inside the cabin. It was quite small with only a fireplace, firewood and a cupboard with blankets and a few futons, but it was just enough when staying for a short while.

They were both soaked and chilled from the rain. Namjoon suggests they change into their spare clothes and proceeded to strip. Seokjin shyly turned the other way and did the same.

Namjoon couldn't help but glance at Seokjin's bare back. It was broad and smooth, however it still had scars. It's a dreaded reminder to Namjoon that this isn't the first time the castle was under attack and Seokjin has been captured before.

Held hostage, tortured and beaten. The scars were left back from his experience . The cuts and bruises were deep and painful. When they finally found him after ten days of searching, Namjoon made a promise to never let that happen again.

He reached out his cold hand to touch the scars lightly, Seokjin shivers at the contact. Mostly because he didn't expect it.

"These still haven't fade huh?" Namjoon rests his hands on Seokjin's shoulders

It's been nearly a year since then.

Seokjin stayed silent, feeling vulnerable. He hated the scars so much. They just remind him of the worst times and he used have flawless skin but he can't say that now.

He gasped when he felt Namjoon's warm lips press against a scar between his neck and shoulder.

"I know what you're thinking, don't be insecure about them, not in front of me. I've seen them before, besides I have scars too, remember?" And yes Namjoon has scars from then as well on his shoulders and biceps.

"You're still beautiful Seokjin" Namjoon them steeped back and went back to changing.

Seokjin stayed frozen for a moment then continued as well with his heart beating wildly. He couldn't tell if he was shivering from the cold or from Namjoon's words.

He heard thunder booming but wasn't worried about it, he only got scared when it's really loud.

Once he was finally finished changing into a shirt and pants, he went over to Namjoon who was dressed as well and trying to light the fire place.

He sat down next to him and hugged his knees to his chest.

Namjoon finally got it lit and looked over at Seokjin, wondering what he was thinking about.

"Do you think...Do you think my parents are okay?" Seokjin asked aloud, not looking a Namjoon.

Namjoon sighed "I don't know" he thought about his parents too who worked at the castle as well. "But we can go back and look from them tomorrow".

"But what if the intruders are still there?" Seokjin asked, now facing Namjoon.

Namjoon held his hand and looked at him with all the strength he had "Then I'll protect you with my life"

In that moment, Seokjin felt himself getting overwhelmed with emotions, he felt a shiver go through him as he wondered what he did so that he could have Namjoon be with him. He scooted closer to Namjoon and rested his head on his chest.

Namjoon noticed him shivering and wrapped his arm around him "what's the matter? Are you cold? Do you want a blanket?"

Seokjin shook his head "It's just that I feel so warm and safe with you, please hold me tighter" he asked quietly.

Namjoon felt his heart being tugged a little and complied without a word by holding him close and squeezed him until Seokjin let out a small content hum.

They could feel both of their hearts beating and from time to time they would whisper to each other. However, it was mostly silence as they waited out the rain and waited for tomorrow to come.