Chapter 34: His Side

Ngayong araw ang umpisa ko sa pagtatrabaho sa kompanya ng magulang ko. I shouldn't be late. I want to be a good example for the other employees. The introduction was not really necessary but my father insisted on it. Wala na rin akong nagawa kundi ang pumayag, he's the CEO after all.

It was my father who did all the talking, explaining what the meeting is all about and the reason why there will be a new COO. Then finally, it's time for me to stand beside him and greet the people inside the room.

"I would like to introduce our next Chief Operating Officer and my son, Rustin Jeorge Razon." Nakangiting pakilala sa akin ni papa sa akin.

They all clapped as they really should. Nakangiti kong sinulyapan ang bawat tao sa loob. I had a short speech, just a little introduction and hint on how I like work to be done.

Matapos ang maikling speech ay isa-isa ng naglapitan ang mga department heads and some members of the board to shake hands and congratulate me.

"Son, this is Ms. Karen Yap, the head of HR department." Agad kong nilahad ang kamay ko sa pinakilala ni papa.

"Welcome to the company, sir. We're glad to finally have you." She greeted me.

We were in the middle of discussing something when Ms. Yap called up to someone from the back. Agad akong napalingon sa gawi kung saan siya nakatingin. And there, I saw her stilted expression na tila ba constipated.

"Halika ka dito." Tawag ni Ms. Yap sa kanya.

She began to walk near us. Halata mo sa mukha na napipilitan, even her smile looked too force. But still, she mananged to look beautiful. What? Bakit ko ba laging napupuri 'tong babaeng 'to? First at the KTV bar when she barged in and the second time was just awhile ago when we bumped into each other. I shook my head with that thought.

"Gentlemen, I want you to meet our new Marketing Head, Ms. Zareen Almonte." Said Ms. Yap.

Zareen Almonte? The Fvck! I could never forget that name.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Zareen Almonte." I said with my dangerous and cold tone. What a coincidence huh.

___________

"So, what's next?" Kael asked after I told him about Zareen.

Kael is a good friend of mine. Binisita niya ako rito nang malaman niyang nakauwi na rin ako sa Pilipinas. He just recently came back here and decided to pay me a visit before going to Tarlac.

"I'll make her pay for what she did in the past." I answered while playing a pen between my two fingers.

"Don't you think it's a little bit cruel? Besides, bata pa kayo nun. Bakit mo naman ginagawang big deal?" He asked, amused.

"Young or not. She did still hurt me, Kael. Wala namang batayan 'yan. And I'm enjoying it, seeing her annoyed everytime I make her run errands."

"It's new."

"New what?" Taka kong tanong.

"You, Rustin Jeorge Razon acting like a jerk. Sanay akong good boy ka, bro. Not the super goody-good boy but I know that you're a gentleman type. Hindi yung nagpapahirap ng babae." Napapailing nitong sabi.

"I'm not that good, bro. There's an exemption in every rule."

"But what if you're barking in a wrong tree?"