chapter 5: first day at work

Zac Efron as Alec Smith. Picture above.

Sam's pov

I woke up to the beep of my alarm on the bed side. I groaned and hurriedly got up from bed and went and look after breakfast and woke mia up and then we bathe and I was dressed in a pink pencil skirt and a white button up blouse with a brown shoes and brown jacket and dress mia in a casual wear.

 I groaned and hurriedly got up from bed and went and look after breakfast and woke mia up and then we bathe and I was dressed in a pink pencil skirt and a white button up blouse with a brown shoes and brown jacket and dress mia in a casual wear

Sam's outfit

I then dropped mia at school and then went to work. I then greeted the receptionist and I received a glare and then went in the elevator and went up to the 90th floor. I spotted ms Mary and went over to her.

"Good morning ms Mary". I said to her with a warm smile.

"Hello Sam. You're five minutes early today". I then checked my time and realised she is correct.

"There's a coffee machine on this floor. What about we go and grab some"? She asked me while getting up.

"Sure". We then went to the coffee machine that's around the corner and there was a table with five chairs and also a microwave.

"Here you go". She said handing me a cup of coffee. We then made small talks and when we're finished she told me I can go to Mr Smith's office now.

I knocked on the door and heard a ' come in'. I then went in and was drooling at the sight of my boss he was wearing a grey suit and did he look hot. I wanted to suffocate. I then heard a throat being cleared.

"Um.. g-ood morning Mr Smith". I said feeling embarrassing from being caught drooling over him.

"  Sit". He said with no emotion. How did he do that. I wondered. He doesn't have the decency to say good morning." Ms Mary will show you to your office but before I do so I will go over the rules first". He said with the usual tone.

" Um... Yes. Sir?" It sounded more like a question.

"You must always be on time. You should always be at service when needed such as meetings and trips and events etc." he said looking at me intently and staring mostly at my body.

"Ok then sir". I said unsure of what else to say.

"Now get out". He said in a cold tone. I was very shocked that I couldn't move.

" I said get out and go to ms mary now ". He said to me. I was very hurt and upset. Who does he think he's talking to. I got up and went straight out to ms Mary desk.

"Are you ok dear?" She asked me with concern.

" Yes. I'm OK. He's just so cold". I told her with a look of hurt. I'm wondering what made him like that. It must be some experience.

"He's always like that because of some bad experiences he had". She told me. " Anyway. Let's show you your office. It's beside Mr Smith's office". She told me.

We then enter an office and it's beautiful and big but not as big as Mr Smith's though. It contains a desktop computer and a phone that's on a modern table and a chair for me around the table with another chair Infront of the desk and a couch that is made for three persons in the corner.

Ms Mary then left and I got myself settled when an intercom beeped and the sound of Mr Smith's voice was heard.

"Come to my office now". He said in his usual cold tone.

I got up from my chair and went to his office and knocked on the door and heard a 'come in'.

"How may I help you sir?" I asked trying to sound polite.

"Take these files and organize them in the filing room". He told me. Not even a please. I took up a stock of files that contains over fifteen folders and two more stock was left.

"Sir. Where's the filing room"? I asked him and he didn't even answer me and I knew he heard me because he looked up and look back down.

"Um... Sir where's the filing room"? I asked him louder this time. I was starting to get irritated by now.

"Don't ask me any questions and do as I say". He told me getting angry. I had to restrain myself from shouting at him.

"Sir. Today is my first day and I don't know where the filing room is. So how will I find it if I don't know?" I pointed out to him to make my point clear but he kept on typing away on the computer. I had enough now.

"Sir". I shouted at him. He was surprised but soon replaced it with anger.

"How dare you raise your voice at me". He was now shouting at me.

"Who do you think you are? I'm asking you a damn question and may I add a easy question and you want to jump down my throat". I was now shouting. By the time I'm finish Mr Smith was Infront of me.

"Young lady watch your mouth". He said to me in a low and husky voice. Boy and did he sound sexy but it wasn't time for that now.

"Don't you dare tell me to watch my damn mouth because you think you can just go around and intimidate people with your coldness but you can not boss me around like that". I told him furiously. He then close the distance between us and I started to get nervous and was breathing uneven.

"Calm your ass down if you want this job". He whispered in my ears and made me shiver. "You can ask ms mary to show you here the filing room is". He said in a much nicer tone. I nodded and was directed to the room. And I spent most of my time in their and then went and collect mia and went home. And that was how I knew my boss was arrogant and cold hearted.