chapter : The turn around

Alec's POV

I really don't know what to think or feel at the moment. Everything is happening in a blur. My hands are sore from the fighting, my nose is bleeding, my eyes are swollen from the punch I got and the unstoppable tears, my mind is racing and my head is about to burst.

2 hours earlier

I heard two gunshots being fired and before I know it I see Samantha falling to the ground in a pool of blood. I felt this unexplainable and uncontrollable anger in my body. Before I know it. I'm holding Nick's throat and squeezing with all my might.

"You damn idiot!!! You hurt the woman I'm in love with!!! The woman I plan to spend the rest of my life with!!!" I didn't even realised that mom had called the police and ambulance.

"Sir. That's enough. We will take care of him from now. He's wanted for several robbing among stores and the raping of several young girls. I can assure you that he won't be out anytime soon". The police inform me while harshly putting handcuffs on him.

" I'm going to drive us to the hospital. The ambulance already went away with Sam". Kylie said dragging me to the car. And that's when the reality kicks in. I might lose the woman i love so damn much, the woman i plan to spend the rest of my life with, the woman that made me feel things i thought was impossible. That's when i broke down. I cried like a baby.

"This can't be real! Someone please wake me from this nightmare!!!" I cried.

We reached the hospital within ten minutes and i ran to receptionist and told the lady what I was here about and she directed me.

In the waiting room, there was Sam's mother. I ran straight to her and we both broke down in each other's arms.

It seems like the reality just sink into Kylie's mind because she started crying and hitting the wall until she fell on her knees.

" Sam!!! You need to be OK!!! Please!!!! You are one of the very few genuine and loyal friend i have". Melissa came in the waiting room and started hugging Kylie and the both of them started crying their eyes out. My heart immediately sink.

I began to say a prayer in my mind and called on God's mercy.

2 hours later

It felt like forever since I'm waiting on the doctor. We were only informed by a nurse that Sam undergoing a surgery. We all are sitting on the bench that's in the waiting room. I had my feet up while hugging them feeling numb and empty and everyone is looking depressed and sad.

A few minutes later a dark lady looking like she's in her early 40's dressed in a white scrub approached us.

"Hello. Good evening. Are you guys Ms. Williams' family?" She asked us and immediately we are all surrounding her waiting for whatever news she had to deliver.

" Hello doctor. Yes we are. Is she ok? Can we see her? Is the baby OK?" We all started asking her questions at the same time.

"You guys can follow me to my office and i will explain everything there". She said and motioned us to follow her. She led us in a spacious white office and offered us a seat as she started to explain.

"Ms Williams was shot in the abdomen and because of this she was unable to push the baby so we had to do a caesarean section also because she is unconscious. On the otherhand, the baby is in an incubator and is currently not breathing properly but we are doing everything in our hand to make sure he gets better. Ms williams is still unconscious and we are supplying her with oxygen because she's not breathing properly on her own as well but again we are doing everything possible to make sure she will be OK". She informed and at that I broke down again.

We then went outside and try to get some fresh air.

2 Days Later

It's been two days and Sam woke up yesterday and is doing great. The doctor also informed that the baby will be able to get off the incubator by the next two days. I am so excited.

1 week later

Today is the day that Sam and the baby will be coming home. We are currently decorating the hall to welcome them home. This time will be only us.

 This time will be only us

Couple hours later

"Open your eyes". I said while removing the blindfold from her eyes.

"OMG!!!! This is beautiful". Sam said while staring in awe. I picked her up from the hospital and she's currently staring at the well decorated hall that i did for her.

"I'm glad you like it". I said while positioning her on the blow up bed with the baby between us.

We started watching a Cinderella movie and started talking about every and anything

After a few moments later. Sam was so into the movie that she didn't even realize that i got up and went into the room. I came back and went on my knee right beside her and stayed there couple seconds before she realized it.

"Samantha Santania Williams, I've known you for almost a year and the first time i lay my eyes on you I felt speechless. I felt like you had a spell on me. I wanted to know you inside out. You taught me to be the best person i can. You make me smile on my gloomy days. I feel so complete when I'm with you. That incident that happened made me realize that i want to spend the rest of my life with you so will you marry me?". I asked with a single tear rolling down my cheek.