chapter 7: meeting mia

Sam's POV

I am currently sitting at my desk sorting out some papers when my phone rang.

"Hello". I said over the phone unsure of who I'm speaking to.

" Is this miss William"? Asked a lady that sounds elderly.

"Yes miss. How may I help you"? I asked out of curiosity.

" The Mandela's kindergarten will be dismissed at 12'0 clock and school won't be opening until Monday". The lady told me. Where will mia stay? Kylie is out of the city and my parents is in another state. What will I do?
I was brought out of my thoughts from a throat being cleared.

". Um.. yes miss. I will be there". I told her and hang up. I looked at my watch and it was 12:15 pm. The drive is twenty minutes away if there's no traffic. Without any more thinking I went to my car and went for mia. On the way mia began talking.

"Whewe awe we going mama"? She asked me not even pronouncing her words properly.

"You're coming with me to work honey". I told her while focusing on the road.

After another five minutes we arrive at the company. We went in the elevator. I was worried about what Mr Smith will say when he sees mia.

" This is Kool!" She said in excitement once we arrive at the floor. Ms Mary went home because of some emergency. So i went to Mr Smith's office and knocked and heard a 'come in'. I went in and his back was facing us. Mia was staring at the place in awe.

"Um.. si-r". I was stuttering not knowing what to say. He turned around and was shocked for a moment until he covered it.

"Who's kid is that"? He asked in a cold tone.

"Um.. si-r this i-s my daughter Mia". I told him while looking at the ground.

"Mama awe you awight"? Mia asked while hugging my foot.

"Yes honey". I told her and looked at Alec who's watching us with amusement but once our eyes met it was gone.

"What is it doing here"? What did he just said. He did not just call mia a thing.

"Mia go and stand outside". I told mia and she nodded.

"I don't know who you are calling a thing mister fyi she is a child not a thing if you have a problem differentiating a child from a thing". I was beyond angry. How dare he. He came around from his table and was standing in right Infront of me.

"I might be wrong to call the child a thing but watch your mouth young lady". He was now whispering in my ears with his voice low and dangerous. It send shivers down my body and I just want to kiss him right now. What am I thinking.

"What do you want now"? He asked me with no emotion.

"Mia's school is closed until Monday and I don't have anyone to stay with her so I was wondering if she can stay here with me today and tomorrow. Please". I asked him. I was pleading with my eyes. He was staring deep into my eyes until he gave up and nod.

"Thank you so much". I told him and I did something that also shocked me, I hug him. At first he was tense until he hugged me back. I felt safe and comfortable. He was the first one to pull away from the hug. I exited the office and did some work for the next hour while mia played games on my computer and we went home.