chapter 30

Sam's POV

I was talking to Jane when I heard the bell of the cafe chimed and I knew that was my cue to take the order of whoever just came in. I went and saw a handsome sexy muscular man and I can see power and authority radiating from him. I went and stand there but I doubt if he saw me because he was busy reading the menu.

"Can I have a ham and cheese sandwich and a coca cola drinks please". The mystery man ordered but I knew that voice too well. He then looked up I was beyond shocked. I thought I wouldn't see him again.

" I'll b-e b-ack". What was wrong with me. My heart was beating faster than Usain Bolt and I can't breathe properly but his next question made me so angry and lashes out on him. I had to go around the kitchen and places his order and catch my breath. Today was the worst day for me to not come to work.

I went back out there and saw him sitting down and smirking at me. What is he up to?

"Enjoy". I told him after handing him his meal and I turned and went back to my duty after a while I realise he is gone and sighed. He is back in my life. I cleared my mind and went back working. It was now 8:20 pm and I was closing the door because I volunteered to locked up the cafe.

I went in my car and started the engine but it wouldn't start. After a couple minutes and I realised it wouldn't start I gave up and decide to walk home even though it was dark and dangerous and my apartment was about ten minutes away and my feet are swollen and  in pain. I didn't have anyone to call because I broke up with my boyfriend the moment I found out I was pregnant and Mel was out of the country looking for her grandmother who is ill.

I started walking when I heard some talking down a dark alley and I immediately felt afraid. I then saw the most beautiful car pulled up beside me and I was scared for my baby's life. The window was then rolled down and I realised it's alec. I rolled my eyes immediately.

" get in". He said looking serious without any emotion showing.

"Who the hell you think you are talking to-" I was cut off by a gunshot and I decide to go in. I was going to open the back door because I didn't want to sit in the front seat beside him but he locked the back door and I huffed and stomped my way to the front seat. I then turn my back to him.

I realised how badly I want to sleep because it isn't easy to stand up for six hours with a 28 weeks old pregnancy. I slowly drift off in la la land.