Say Hey If You're Gay

Dan didn't have many things that he enjoyed immensely in life, so any little thing that he did enjoy immensely, he made sure to do whenever he could. One thing, for example, was wearing a t-shirt and underwear, because if Dan had a chance to be comfy, then he was going to be comfy.

So it wasn't a surprise when Dan was hanging around at his house, wearing a pair of plain black boxers and a shirt that said 'say hey if you're gay' on it. Dan loved wearing this shirt, not only because it was incredibly comfortable, but also because his dad had given it to him after he came out. It also wasn't surprising when Dan decided that yes, he was hungry, and no, he wasn't just hungry because he was bored. And so he rolled out of bed, his hair a curly mop atop his head, and stumbled from his bedroom and into the hall beyond.

"Mom?" Dan called as he walked down the stairs, his pace picking up at the smell of food. "What's for dinner?"

Dan continued into the kitchen when he got no response, seeing as that's where the food in his house usually came from. He was confused when he found no such thing in the kitchen however, and from there ventured to the living room, wondering if his parents were watching TV while eating dinner.

"Is there anything to..." Dan trailed off as he entered the living room, a room which was filled with people. Not only were his parents in there eating food, but there were also about eight other people, each of them looking directly at him.

Dan felt his cheeks heat up, remembering the attire that he was sporting, and he casually tugged his shirt down a little. He stumbled backward a step, about to escape to his room and hide under his covers for about two hours, before his mother spoke up.

"What is it Dan?" She asked, turning in her seat to look at him. Again he felt everyone's eyes burning into him, and he stood there with messy hair and wide eyes, all while wearing boxers and a shirt that proudly proclaimed his flamboyance.

"I was- I just- food?" Dan managed to stutter, before feeling even more embarrassed than before. He twisted his fingers together painfully, wondering how weird it would be if he just exited the room before his mother even answered him.

"Daniel, where are your pants?" His father suddenly asked, seeming to have only just noticed the fact that Dan was half naked. Dan avoided the gazes of the party guests in the room, though he couldn't help making eye contact with a man who looked slightly older than him and giggled at his dad's words.

"I gotta go," Dan said, turning around and opening the door to the kitchen.

"Didn't you want dinner?" His mom asked as the door swung shut behind him. Dan ignored her, scurrying towards the stairs before pausing. No one was in the kitchen, so he could just quickly whip up a bowl of cereal and then retreat to his room.

As Dan was pouring a box of sherries into his bowl the door to the living room opened, and Dan nearly cursed at his luck. The man that Dan made eye contact with earlier entered the kitchen, and he walked towards Dan, stopping only to lean his hip against the counter.

"Hey," he said, and Dan blushed for absolutely no reason.

"Hi," Dan said, looking towards his feet to allow his fringe to hang over his face. As Dan looked downward, he rediscovered his state of undress and looked back up.

"I'm Phil," the man said, and Dan nodded.

"Dan," he supplied, though he was sure Phil already knew that.

"I like your shirt," Phil said, and Dan looked down at his shirt, realizing all over again what shirt he was wearing.

"Me too," Dan replied stupidly, and Phil laughed. "I'm gonna go eat my cereal now," Dan added, backing away and towards the steps before he did anything else dumb.

"Why don't you eat it down here?" Phil suggested, and Dan paused, nodding slightly.

"Okay. First I'm gonna go put on pants," Dan said, blushing as Phil's eyes dropped to admire the fact that he wasn't wearing pants.

"Do you have to?" He asked, and Dan blanked.

"I mean I don't /have/ to..." Dan said. He glanced down at his cereal, afraid that it was already starting to get soggy.

"Can I kiss you?" Phil said suddenly, and Dan gaped at him.

"Uh, yeah sure," he said, and Phil stepped forward, placing a hand on Dan's cheek and connecting their lips lightly. Needless to say, Dan's cereal got mushy.