Good Sins

If Dan had anything to say for himself, it was that it was an accident. He hadn't meant to do anything, hadn't meant to let it progress this far, but he had, and now he couldn't stop.

Dan knew masturbating was a sin. That's why he'd always been careful to abstain from it. On the horrible occasions where he got erections, moments where Dan would be filled to the brim with anxiety and nervousness, he would pray to God for it to go away, all the while ignoring it as best he could. If he woke up with one he would immediately take a cold shower, relief spreading through him as it went away.

Of course, he hadn't gotten erections nearly as often before Phil Lester had started talking to him. Phil Lester, who not only didn't go to church, but was also probably a satanist. He wore all black all the time, and he listened to the kind of music Dan's parents would react to with wide, frightened eyes. They didn't want Dan to befriend people who didn't go to his church, much less someone who dressed and acted like the devil's advocate.

But when Phil had started talking to Dan, there'd been nothing for him to do. He was too polite and too shy, and he would never have said anything to stop the school's bad boy from talking to him. Besides, it was just talking, so really, what was the harm?

Or at least, that's what he'd been telling himself just a month ago. Now he was standing in Phil Lester's bathroom, leaning against the wall in a would-be casual pose if he didn't have his fist shoved in his mouth and his other hand wrapped around his dick. His legs were shaking from the electric feeling flooding his body at this simple touch alone, and despite his mind chanting sin, sin, sin at him, a louder part was chanting oh God, faster, more, faster!

He'd never imagined that he would masturbate either. He'd always been entirely against it, and had never even considered it before Phil Lester came along.

"So just how religious are you?" Phil asked, before neglecting to turn on his blinker and swerving his car in front of the one beside him in a horrible imitation of a merge. The car behind them honked, and Dan's heart barely even raced, used to this bad driving by now.

It was entirely Phil's fault that they were driving home together anyway. Dan was perfectly fine with riding the bus, but Phil refused to let him get on "that metal box of death" more than once a day. He even frequently picked Dan up in the mornings as well, supposedly saving Dan again.

"What, is there a way to measure it?" Dan laughed.

"I mean, supposedly the bible has a lot against gays, different kinds of clothing material, and masturbation," Phil said with a shrug. Dan hummed intuitively.

"Nothing against gays, I wear what I want—" Dan thought that was obvious, what with his pastel pink shirt and white jeans, "and masturbation is a sin." The car jerked slightly as Dan finished his sentence, and he clutched the sides of his seat reflexively.

"What?" Phil exclaimed, disbelieving amusement coloring his voice.

"What?" Dan returned, indignant.

"Are you telling me you've never masturbated?"

Dan spluttered. "Of course not!"

Phil laughed.

"It's a sin!"

"So is the different material thing."

"But that's not a real one!" Dan argued. "Masturbating is— is—"

"Good?"

"Gross!"

Phil laughed loudly, and Dan could feel his cheeks turning pink at the thought of someone touching themselves like that. He felt dirty just imagining it.