Thinking Out Louder

- sequel to "Thinking Out Loud"

tw: cursing

Phil had accidentally told many people about his ability throughout his lifetime. It was pretty inevitable, seeing as telepathy was a thing he'd lived with his whole life. When he was little he hadn't even realized that he was different, and he'd responded to people's thoughts and feelings as if it were a normal thing to do. There'd been plenty of instances where Phil had even talked to his own parents about being able to read other people's minds, but they must've taken it as one of those "little kid" things and ignored what was, in fact, the truth.

Thinking back on it now, Phil was surprised that no one had ever questioned him or become suspicious. He always knew people's secrets without anyone telling him, and he had no trouble telling other's as he'd assumed that they already knew. See, Phil hadn't understood that no one else was telepathic like him.

"I think Lucy's gross," had said a boy from Phil's first grade class, who frankly, he now couldn't remember the name of.

"No you don't, you have a crush on her," Phil had responded, making the boy go bright red and shout that 'no he didn't, no he didn't!'

It was because of a boy named Tyler that Phil had realized what being gay was, and that he was actually bisexual. Tyler had worn glasses which he frequently pushed up his nose, sliding them back into place, due to the fact that they were fitted wrong and much too big for his face. He would sit with his head propped in his hand and stare across the room at some boy or another.

When a friend of Tyler's had come up and asked him who he had a crush on, Tyler had lied and said Isabelle (In the fifth grade, if you didn't have a crush on someone then you were a big fat liar and were going to have wads of chewed up paper spit at the back of your head through a straw until you said otherwise). Phil, of course, had seen right through the lie, and had known that Tyler was staring at boys the same way that other boys were staring at girls, and it was then that Phil had started to see why. Thankfully Phil had known by this time that it wasn't right to talk about what he heard in other people's heads, and had known better than to out Tyler right then. By the sixth grade though, Tyler was out and proud, even though the other twelve year olds didn't quite understand.

Phil seriously couldn't believe that no one had called him crazy or a psychopath when he was younger. He could clearly remember times where people had thought something totally out there, and he had simply responded.

Why don't penguins just fly out of Antartica? Jimmy had thought, making Phil turn in his seat abruptly and give him an incredulous look. Being an entrepreneur of animal facts at the age of eight, Phil was offended that Jimmy was such a dumbass.

"Penguins can't fly, Jimmy," Phil had stated harshly, practically glaring at the boy seated next to him, who had been so surprised about the answer to his question being provided so easily that he had forgotten to wonder how the hell another kid had answered the question that he hadn't even spoken.

Sometimes, Phil just liked to be a tease, and when someone's thoughts took the (rather funny) turn where they were suddenly questioning whether someone could hear the fact that they were thinking about sex (yes) or that they hadn't washed the underwear that they were re-wearing (ew), he'd freak them out a bit. They would think, Oh my god, what if someone was listening to my thoughts right now? If anyone can actually hear this, cough. And then, simply because he was bored and this was entertaining, he would cough, making the person turn bright red and look directly at him while he pretended not to notice.

In the end, Dan had found out about his ability on accident, but it was an accident that he didn't end up trying to correct.

Being around Dan constantly, Phil had gotten better at blocking out his thoughts. There were still the particularly loud ones, usually ones that were worry-filled or embarrassing, but he had never let on that he could hear them. Unfortunately, there was just something addicting about being able to hear your boyfriend's thoughts whenever you wanted to, so sometimes when Phil was bored, he would just tune in.