Chap 7

~Aiden~

I was quiet at dinner the next night and mom was trying to get me to partake in the conversations but I wasn't feeling it. I just wanted to be left alone. Dad was giving me knowing sideways glances but I kept my eyes on my untouched food. I couldn't get Liam's face out of my head, the hatred.

"Honey are you feeling ok" my mom asked, placing her hand on my forehead.

"Mom" I whined moving my head out of her reach. "I'm fine ok" I told her.

"Well you haven't even touched your food" she complained.

"I'm just not hungry" I said moving a pea with my fork. I looked up to find everyone's eyes on me. "What?!" I asked irritated.

"Bro you never turn down food" Nash said frowning at me.

"Well I have a right not to be hungry! It's not against the law!" I snapped.

"What crawled up your butt and died?" Connie asked smirking. I scowled at her before picking up my plate and putting it in the fridge.

"Aiden" my mom said getting up from her seat; she gave me a serious look. "Is this about those gay bashers?" She asked putting her hands on my shoulders.

"Oh my god! Mom!" I yelled stepping back from her.

"Are they still messing with you?!" Nash demanded. I closed my eyes taking deep breath,

"Nancy, Nash leave my son alone." Dad said stopping them from going any further. My mom huffed before slouched back in her seat.

"He's my son too" she muttered with a pout. Nash was biting his lip from saying anything while Connie was trying to keep from laughing.

"Thank you," I sighed as I walked out of the kitchen. "And if anyone needs me; don't bother." and I went upstairs.

I took a shower, put fresh boxers on and just snuggled up in bed, my head buried in my pillow; sighing in comfy pleasure when my phone rang. UGH. Reaching behind me I didn't even look who called.

"Hello?" I muttered.

"Hey" Jeanine's voice screamed from the other line. Oh. My. God!

"Seriously!" I yelled back at her.

"Dang there's no need to scream" J complained. I rolled my eyes,

"What? What do you want?" I asked impatiently, I just wanted to sleep.

"Well damn grouch, I just called to see if you wanted to go to the movies!"

I groaned, "Hell no" I want my bed!

"What!? Why not?" She whined.

"I don't know maybe because it's-" I looked over my shoulder to see the clock; it was blaring 9:47 in red. "9:47 at NIGHT and night means PM, which means that its bed time not movie time; which means... I WANT TO GO TO BED!!!" I said.

"Aww, come on we're going to watch The Howl." Damn her! She knows damn well I wanted to see that movie! "You know you want to" she provoked.

"Why can't we see it tomorrow?' I asked her.

"Because I want to get out of the house. Come on Aiden... pleeeease" she was begging now? "Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, ple-"

"Fine!" I caved like usual. I heard her laugh excitedly.

"Yes! I'll be there in five."

"Whatever." I said and hung up. I fell back on my bed. Well bye my beautiful bed.

I got up, put some jeans on and my 'I wish I was in bed' t-shirt. I snickered at it before grabbing my phone and marched down stairs. I was just about to reach the door before my mom's voice stopped me.

"Uh and where are you going?" She asked me crossing her arms. Turning slowly I gave her a sheepish smile,

"J and I are going to see The Howl."

"Oh well, have fun and eat some popcorn or something while you're at it since you didn't have dinner" she said and left. I sighed in relief, that's mom for you. I grabbed my jacket of the coat rack and heading outside and waited for J.

While I waited, I pulling my jacket closer to my body as I looked around. It was a cold night; I could hear the wind howling loudly. The tree leaves were swaying roughly as I stood on my front porch; I saw lights down the street which had to belong to Jeanine's Acura. She pulled up at the curb and I ran to the passenger door and jumped in.

"Hey buddy" she said giving me a huge smile.

"Hi" I muttered buckling myself in.

"So are you ready for...The Howl?" She said mysteriously.

"Sure"

"Gosh you're such a kill joy" she whined putting the car in drive.

It was a quiet drive to the movies; we arrived in record time since she drives like a maniac on speed. I bought the tickets and went to find our seats while J bought the snacks. I sat there watching previews waiting for her to come back; slumping in my seat tapping my fingers on the arm rest, my eyes fix on the screen so when I saw J looking for me I waved her over.

When she moved toward me my breath caught in my throat and my eyes widened. Liam was right behind her with his girlfriend attached to his arm. J sat down handing me my popcorn and slushy; I tore my gaze away from the torturous sight.

Why did he have to be in this theater! I mean he could have come at any time today to watch this damn movie! Can a guy get a break! Now on top of not wanting to come in the first place, I was exceedingly aware of him now. The movie started but I couldn't for the life of me try and pay attention to it. I snuck a quick peek behind me to find where they were, I know I'm being masochistic; sue me.

I found them in the very back of the theater snuggled up to one another. Why can't that be me? Ugh, I shook my head hard, 'bad thoughts, bad!' Jeanine slapped my arm causing me to look at her. She was wrinkling her face pointing to the screen. I focused back on the movie the best I could.

To say the least those two hours were the worst of my life. I was constantly fidgeting making Jeanie continue to hit my arm through the whole thing. I think I have a giant bruise from it now. Quickly I grabbed our trash and walked out like hell hounds were after me. I heard J calling, hurrying after me but I just had to leave, like NOW! I could feel him close behind but I refused to look. I burst through the front door racing towards Jeanie's car. I was only a few feet from the front door before someone pulled me back.

"Damn Aiden! Where the hell's the fire?" J asked winded. I glanced at her before looking anxiously around to make sure he wasn't close but my luck wasn't with me this night. His hazel eyes made contact with mine causing my heart to beat a mile a minute as I stared at his gorgeous face; his eyes were darkening with... desire? I didn't get a chance to verify because miss model pulled at his sleeve making him break eye contact with me to look down at her. I bit my lip in jealousy, ridiculous I know but I couldn't help who I crush on.

"Aiden!" J's hand was waving in my face.

"What?"

"What? Well I don't know, first you ran like you were running for your life back there, then you space out like a creepo. What the hell's wrong with you today?" She asked frowning at me. I shook my head trying to clear it so I could answer her straight.

"It's nothing, I told you I wanted to sleep but no you had to drag me out to the movies and now its midnight, I'm hallucinating from lack of sleep because of you. Thanks for that." I told her walking to the car. For some reason I couldn't tell her I had a huge crush on Liam Parker.

"Whatever ass hole" Iheard her mutter as she got in the driver's seat. When we were half way to myhouse she started asking if I liked the movie and commented on this and that. Ijust nodded my head since I wasn't listening anyway.