Chap 41

~Liam~

"You can take him home today." The doctor said. I tensed as I looked over to Mr. And Mrs. Carlisle. They were happy as they should have been but I didn't think that it was a good idea.

"He will be weak so make sure that he goes through his physical therapist so he gets the strength back in his limbs. Also make sure he comes back in the next two weeks for a checkup." He informed us. We agreed and I waited for the doctor to leave as we stood outside Aiden's door.

"Thank god he's okay to leave so early! I'll get the car ready." Mrs. Carlisle said while her husband smiled. I hated to do this but I was looking out for my mate, it was necessary.

"Um, Mrs. Carlisle, can you wait for a sec." I asked. She looked up at me with a questionable look.

"What is it honey?" I took a deep breath.

"I don't think that taking him home with you is such a good idea." I stated hesitantly. Looking from Grace to her husband I kept eye contact with both. I stood straight, all Alpha at this moment. Emmitt frowned at me.

"Excuse me?" Grace said her brows scrunched in confusion and disbelief. I understood because what I was about to say would be hard for them.

"I think that Aiden should stay with me for the time being." I told them. I heard Grace gasp in outrage.

"Why the hell would we do that? I have been worried sick about my son for too long, to just let you take him away. Are you out of your mind?!" She exclaimed stepping close to me. I didn't flinch at her tone merely stood there my face composed.

"Grace." Aiden's dad called to her. She snapped her head over to him.

"Don't start Emmitt! I want my son home, now!" She yelled. He sighed closing his eyes.

"I know honey, I do to." He said. Grace turned back to me.

"You are not taking Aiden! Just who do you think you are?!" Her blond hair was hanging over one shoulder wildly making her look like an avenging angel with her face of anger. She was a very beautiful woman.

"I think I'm the man that loves your son more than anything in this world, and I refuse to let him get hurt again." I said firmly. She scoffed at me while Emmitt looked at me thoughtfully.

"You what?" Emmitt asked softly.

"I love him, sir." I confessed.

"That's all fine and dandy but you are not taking him and that's finally." Grace said crossing her arms.

"Is he still there?" I glared over at her. She opened her mouth but shut it, looking away from me.

"I refuse to have him anywhere near that bastard! This is not going to happen again. I have no idea why he's not in jail right now, where he should be." I snapped out in rage.

"My brothers flight has been delayed, we can't do anything till they come. He's family Liam, even after what he did I have to leave that up to his parents and Aiden. As much as I want to let him rot in jail." Emmitt growled through clenched teeth. I shook my head.

"Aiden's not going home until Brent's gone. Till then I would appreciate it if you allow him to stay with me." I told them. I knew this was hard on them.

"NO!" Grace yelled at me. Her husband wrapped him arms around her leaning his head close to her ear to whisper words only she would hear. But of course I hear everything.

"I know this is hard but I think its best. Until Brent leaves Aiden would feel safe at home." She shook her head, tears building in her eyes. He pulled her closer as she wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in his shoulder.