Chap 35

~Liam~

The hot water was cascading down my hair and back, running into my face as I stared blankly at the white tile of the hospital bathroom. I was just going to take a quick shower and go right back to Aiden but once I got in I couldn't move. I felt sluggish and sore. I knew it was from being cooped up in the white room with the nauseating smell of bleach and the smell of sick patients. I hadn't went out for a run in a month. But none of that was going to bother me not with Aiden still stuck in his coma. When was he going to wake up?

I've asked the doctors a million times and they all gave me the same answer.

"All we can do is wait and see."

What if he never woke up? My wolf didn't like my negativity and reprimanded me for doing so but what else was I supposed to think when I saw Aiden lying there every day, in the same damn position I found him in a month ago. A rapid increase of rage and despair built in my body and I slammed my fist in the tile causing a large crack to sliver up the wall.

"DAMNIT!"

I pulled my fist from the hole, my blood seeping through the cuts in my hand before they closed. I turned the shower off and quickly dried myself, throwing on my pants and clean t-shirt. I looked up in the mirror and saw the shell of my former self. There was no me anymore without Aiden. The bags under my eyes were dark and my eyes were dull and desolate. My skin was pale but not as pale in comparison to Aiden's.

Walking out of the bathroom my eyes were directly to Aiden. Still beautiful as ever even hooked with all the wire and tubes.

"Hey baby." I said taking a seat on the bed. My hand found his arm and caressed it up and down. I could feel the sparks shooting through my fingers; he had to be feeling it too. I noticed the feel of his bones as I ran my hand up his arm. My eyes fell on him and over looked his body. I gritted my teeth at the sight. I know he could only take substance through a feeding tube but he had lost so much weight it was starting to scare me. His cheeks were starting to sink in and his pale skin was making him look really sick.

"Do you feel me Aiden?" I whispered to him

"I miss you, we all do." My voice began to quiver.

"My life is dull without you here to brighten it, I need you Aiden. Do you hear me, I need you. So please, please wake up come back to me." The familiar tears were streaming down my face but I paid no mind to them. I bent down to him my face inches from his.

"Please" I cupped his cheek, leaning my forehead against his.

****

"How is he?" Dom came in cautiously, keeping an eye on me. I narrowed my eyes on him.

"What do you think? Does he look awake to you?" I snapped. He rose his hands up in surrender.

"Whoa, ok I'm sorry." He apologize walking further in the room, taking a seat by the bed. I was ready to growl at him to leave but then I got a good look at his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He shook his head looking at Aiden refusing to meet my gaze. But I knew they were filled with pain.

"What's wrong, Dom?" I pushed.

"It's nothing." His voice was low and scratchy.

"Tell me." I demanded, my concern getting the better of me. He was silent for a long time before looking up at me with tears in his eyes.

"I told her." He said his voice tight with oncoming tears. "I know this wasn't the right time, I should have waited, waited for Aiden to get better but I don't know when that will be." I growled a warning at him. He lowered his head.