Chap 32

It's getting serious.

~Aiden~

"Move." I was shoved roughly into the corner of the wall as Brent walked passed me down the hall. My head cracked against it hard.

"Fuck." I hissed putting my palm on the soon to be bump. His retreating chuckle vanished when he closed his door. I took my hand away from my head to see blood and to freak out. Rushing to the bathroom I flipped the lights on and ran to the mirror. There was a huge gash with blood running down into my eye.

"Shit." I cursed turning the water faucet on and washed the blood from my face but the blood wouldn't stop.

"Aiden," I heard mom call me from down stairs. Quickly I grabbed a wash towel and pressed it to the wound.

"Aiden?" She called again, I heard her footsteps coming up the stairs,

"What are you do-?" Her eyes widened when she saw me and rushed in the bathroom taking the towel away.

"Oh my god, Aiden!" She exclaimed. I put a fake smile on my face to ease her worry.

"It's nothing mom I just tripped." I lied. Her face was full of concern.

"Oh baby." She reached in to the cabinet and took out the first aid kit. "Here, sit, let me do this." She ordered tearing open a disinfectant wipe. I jerked back at the sting.

"Aiden, you've never so been clumsy before." She fussed mainly talking to herself but I shrugged as she worked.

"Everyone has a clumsy moment, mom." I joked.

"Yes, but apparently yours are dangerous." She pulled out a roll of bandages and wrapped them around my head, covering the gash. It was throbbing bad and hurt like a bitch.

"I guess." I stood when she was done. She put the kit back and turned to me.

"You called me earlier?" I asked remembering she needed something, her eyes widened in recollection.

"Oh yes, I wanted you to come with me to the shelter." I instantly cringed.

I don't know what it was about shelters but they made me feel guilty and awkward.

"I-I don't know." I said unsure walking down the stairs unconsciously looking out for Brent.

Asshole!

"Oh come on baby, I don't want to go alone." She pleaded from behind me. "I always get so depressed when I go to this one and I thought it would be better if I could bring you along with me."

"What kind of shelter?" I asked once we were in the living room.

"It's the domestic violence and abuse shelter." I froze.

I couldn't go there! It would just be a huge reminder of what I'm going through. What I just went through not a few minutes ago.

"With that bandage on your head you'll fit right in." She said with a pleading look. I gave her a flat look,

"That's not funny mom."

"I know." She sighed, with her head down like a child being lectured. Letting out a soft chuckle I couldn't say no to my dear old mom like that. I sighed,

"Fine, I'll go." I said reluctantly.

She lifted her head with a huge smile,

"Really, yay!" She squealed pulling me in a huge hug. Geez why is my mother so strong?

"Alright, got to breathe here." I struggled to get out. Letting go, she ran to get her purse and grabbed my hand, dragging me to the door.

"Were leaving Brent!" She yelled before throwing me into the car. Good thing I was already dressed,