Chapter 1

It was a regular Sunday. Kim Taehyung went out of a convenience store. He unwrapped the strawberry lollipop he had just bought and put it into his mouth.

    Taehyung walked in a rush. His boss wasn’t really a patient man, in fact, he was really demanding. Taehyung had been working for that man since he was only ten years old. His parents died when he was nine. Taehyung used to live on the street without knowing what tomorrow would bring. He was bullied by older guys, until one day, his boss found him when some thugs drubbed him. That fat man took Taehyung under his wings. He gave him a place where he could call home.

Taehyung’s mind was occupied that he didn’t see where he was going. Out of the blue, he felt his right shoulder bumped into someone’s.

“Sorry,” Taehyung apologized spontaneously. He glanced at the girl who quickly looked up at him. She seemed to be startled.

“It’s okay.” The girl smiled.

Taehyung was stupefied by the view in front of him. That girl was probably the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life. Her smile was so beautiful that it could stop the time in Taehyung’s universe.

Taehyung smiled.

The beautiful girl continued walking. Taehyung turned around to see her. He was thinking; should he go after her? He quickly shook his head. ‘It is not time to play around, Taehyung-ah.’ He said to himself. For one last time, Taehyung gazed at that girl before she disappeared behind the convenience store building.

…………………………………….............

Taehyung tapped his shoes onto the floor. He was listening to some music played on Jungkook’s cellphone. Jungkook was two years younger than Taehyung. They were really close—closer than anyone who worked there. Just like Taehyung who had lost his parents, Jungkook himself had been an orphan when he was ‘adopted’ by their boss. Taehyung loved and cared for Jungkook as if they were real siblings.

Mr. Bang entered the room, followed by Namjoon—his left hand. He glanced at Taehyung and Jungkook who quickly got up from their couch. The fat man gave a signal for those two young men to come closer.

Mr. Bang sat on his chair. Namjoon handed a brown file-folder to his boss. Mr. Bang threw the file-folder onto the desk in front of him.

“This is your mission.” Mr. Bang opened his mouth. “This XX Club’s owner owes me 100 million won. You must get that money for me. Do whatever it takes to make him pay.”

Taehyung opened the file-folder and read what was written on it. Jungkook peeked at it.

“Take as many men as you need.” Mr. Bang sent Taehyung and Jungkook away.

……………………………......................

The XX Club was a famous club in Gangnam area. Twenty or so people were standing in line outside the club. The bouncers were fierce and were ready to come down instantly on anyone who looked like they were going to start trouble. But those bouncers were no match for Taehyung. Despite the fact that he knew little about martial arts, Taehyung had never been a coward. He would finish off anyone who was standing on his way. As an addition, he came there with Jungkook and brought at least five henchmen who had black belt in taekwondo.