Chapter 8

That very morning, Tiffany didn’t feel like going out of her house. She didn’t even want to get out of her bed. But she realized she had to visit Seohyun at the hospital. Taeyeon was working her morning shift at the local bakery. Tiffany didn’t understand why Taeyeon had to work at two different places.

“I really want to pay off our debt.” Taeyeon replied when Tiffany asked her.

“But having two jobs is too tiring. When do you have time to rest?”

“I’m resting when I sleep. And don’t you dare give me that eomma looks.” Taeyeon sneered while chewing a big chunk of chocolate, “what about yourself? How long did Seonghwa give you days off before he could squeeze your blood, sweat, and tears again?”

Tiffany pouted.

“When will that devil come back from Europe?” Taeyeon took a sip on her milk.

Tiffany made a sad grimace. “Next week.”

Taeyeon nodded.

“Why? Do you miss him?” Tiffany delightfully teased her roommate.

Taeyeon looked as if she had just seen a ghost. “I’d hang myself if I ever felt that way for that devil.”

Tiffany chuckled, but Taeyeon caught a slight sorrow in her eyes.

……………………………………………….

Tiffany swung her clutch and kicked some pebbles on the street.

“Fany-ah.”

Tiffany lifted her head and saw Taehyung standing in front of her. That handsome man seemed to be troubled as if he hadn’t slept for days.

“What do you want?” To be honest, Tiffany had had enough of saying that same sentence over and over again.

“I’m really sorry about that night.”

Tiffany pouted. “Why were you acting so childishly?”

Taehyung ruffled his hair. “I had run out of ideas.” He murmured vaguely. “I wanted you so much and was scared that I might never get a chance to make you love me….”

Tiffany gazed at Taehyung without saying a single word.

Taehyung sighed, “I’d tried everything I could to approach you nicely, but you kept pushing me away…. I’m not a computer, tell me what else I should do to win your heart?”

“Do you really like me that much?”

“If only words could describe how much I feel for you…. But all the words in this world will never do…..”

Tiffany seemed to be pondering. She suddenly looked into Taehyung’s eyes.

“Show it to me.” She faintly whispered.

Taehyung was taken aback. “What do you want me to do?”

“Stop doing something stupid. I can never love an idiot.”

“Does it mean you accept my heart?” Taehyung couldn’t hide the joyfulness rising in his heart.

“Not that fast, Silly!” Tiffany glared at him.

Taehyung looked really amused. He made a V sign and said, “I promise, you won’t ever regret it.”

……………………………………………….

Jungkook had been looking for Taehyung at the Bulletproof headquarter. He finally found his hyung on the roof top.

“Ah, jinjja? Seriously?” Jungkook snorted in disbelief upon seeing Taehyung making a video call for a thousand times that day. Did Tiffany really put a spell on his hyung? Taehyung didn’t seem to be able to separate from his cellphone.