Chapter 12

No matter what he tried to do, Taehyung couldn’t seem to be able to get rid of Tiffany’s shadow. It was like that girl had been carved in his eyes. Every second became more painful since he couldn’t meet Tiffany in real life. Dreams were the only place where he could see that girl smiled at him. Taehyung often woke up in the middle of the night and found himself longing for her.

Taehyung didn’t have any courage to send Tiffany text messages. He had promised himself that he wouldn’t see Tiffany before he had a better job, a better life, and a better reputation. With his current life, what could he possibly offer to someone as precious as Tiffany Hwang?

But the pain in Taehyung’s heart got worse with each passing day. The hole in his soul grew bigger. Taehyung realized he could not stand it anymore. He would go crazy if he didn’t see Tiffany.

Taehyung grabbed his coat. He had to see that girl, even if he had to watch her from afar. It would be much better than just staying in his room without doing anything.

Taehyung waited outside Tiffany’s house. But that house looked empty. He waited for hours but there was no sign of Tiffany’s whereabouts in that house.

Taehyung decided to come to XX Club. He kept praying and hoping he would see Tiffany there.

And God answered his prayer. Tiffany was there…. Only with someone else.

Taehyung’s smile disappeared the moment he saw Tiffany got off a fancy car with a man holding her hand. For a second, Taehyung thought he was hit by a train. His heart hurt like hell.

Tiffany was only three or four meters away from him, but it looked like she was standing so far away.

Taehyung was about to leave when Tiffany’s eyes met his. Tiffany was awestruck. She couldn’t believe that the man who was standing there was Taehyung. How different Taehyung had become. He was still as handsome as the first time she saw him. But his eyes changed. Those eyes weren’t filled with laughter and joyfulness anymore. Those eyes were filled with pain and sorrow.

   Does it hurt you to see me like this, Taehyung-ssi? Whispered Tiffany’s heart.

Seonghwa noticed Taehyung after Tiffany stood still like a statue made of ice.

Seonghwa sneered. “Are you that guy who acts like a dog? Following Tiffany everywhere?”

“Taehyung ssi….” Tiffany faintly whispered.

Taehyung had no choice but to force a fake smile. “Maybe I am.”

“What are you doing here?” Asked Seonghwa. He looked around as if to say that Taehyung shouldn’t be there.

“I want to see Tiffany—” Taehyung gulped. “—I want to see the face of Tiffany’s boyfriend.”

Seonghwa laughed, “I am that boyfriend. What do you want to do now?”

“You are really lucky. I hope you’ll always remember that.” Taehyung tried hard not to glance at Tiffany, but it was so damn hard! “Please take good care of her.”

   Taehyung turned around. He knew he shouldn’t have been there. He felt really dizzy. Tiffany had warned him over and over again that she had had a boyfriend and wanting her would only hurt him in the end. But Taehyung foolishly ignored it. He thought his heart was strong enough to be broken easily. How could he be this freaking wrong? He finally understood that his heart was as fragile as a dandelion. It broke into million pieces and scattered away.

   “Oh, you must think you’re really cool saying those words to me.” Seonghwa grinned. “Well, you’re not.”

   “Oppa!” Tiffany looked at Seonghwa.

   “Tiffany told me that she never liked you. Your love for her is one big failure.” Seonghwa mocked. “Everything you do is in vain. Tiffany will never fall for you as long as she has someone like me.”

   Taehyung gritted his teeth. He turned around and looked at Seonghwa. “I never think that loving someone is one big failure. Meeting Tiffany is the best thing in my life. She makes me want to be a better person. She puts a meaning to my life….”
It wasn’t only Taehyung that got hurt. Tiffany too. That beautiful woman’s heart was ripped into pieces hearing Taehyung’s voice. Her body quivered.

   Taehyung couldn’t stand not to see Tiffany. He glanced at her. That woman was so fragile. Her silence was Taehyung’s deepest sorrow. “And even though I know Tiffany doesn’t love me, but knowing she’s happy with someone she loves is enough….” Oh, how easy it is to pretend that I’m not hurt. Taehyung sighed heavily.

   “Wow, that’s so touching….” Seonghwa clapped his hands. “What if I give you a reward for your beautiful words?”

   Taehyung frowned.

   “You’re the member of Bulletproof Boys, right?” Seonghwa sneered. “I know you and your friends turned my club upside down. I’m gonna let you pay for it.”

   “You owe Mr. Bang 100 million won. We were just doing our job.”

   Seonghwa snorted. “Do you know what I hate the most? I hate when someone touches what’s mine. I told Tiffany that I didn’t know what I’d be capable of if I ever see you again. But now I do.” Seonghwa snapped his fingers. “Give this jerk a lesson he won’t forget.”

   Four men who worked as bouncers immediately approached and surrounded Taehyung.

   Tiffany looked at Seonghwa, feeling petrified. “Oppa, what are you gonna do to Taehyung?”
Seonghwa hated to see the fear and worries in Tiffany’s eyes for Taehyung. “I’ll make him regret his boldness to love you.”[]