Chapter 32

Taehyung swung his sword. He hit three of his attackers. He delivered a blow to the base of their necks. But one of them successfully slashed his arm. Taehyung almost dropped his sword. He turned around and thrust his sword on his attacker. That attacker fell to the ground.

Blood of his enemies spattered on his face. Taehyung raised his sword and swung it. “Clank!” It hit another blade. Taehyung kicked that man in the abdomen.

Taehyung was sure he had taken down all of his attackers, but why it was as if they kept coming for him? He swung his blade and slashed anyone around him blindly.

The man with glasses spitted his cigarette. He drew out a chain and slashed it at Taehyung’s legs. Taehyung instantly fell down and kissed the ground.

The man with the glasses squatted before him. He drew out his blade and thrust it to the already wounded Kim Taehyung.

   The thought of Tiffany on her bed—struggling to deliver their baby—flashed before his eyes. “Fany-ah, mianhae….”

………………………………….……………

Taeyeon held her neck tightly. It felt like something was burning inside. Her eyes got blurred. She looked around to find Jungkook. That handsome man was lying on the floor—totally soaked in his own blood. But he hadn’t lost his consciousness. Jungkook was struggling to get up.

Taeyeon ignored the pain she felt inside her chest and stomach. She rushed to Jungkook who was crawling to reach her.

“Jungkook-ssi!” She looked at him with tears in her eyes. “Hold on.” Using only her right hand, Taeyeon ripped off her clothes and used that piece of cloth to cover up Jungkook’s wound. But Jungkook’s upper body had already covered in blood. She couldn’t see where Hyunsuk stabbed his knife on that poor guy. “You must be really hurt. I am sorry….”

Jungkook grabbed Taeyeon’s wrist. His eyes were wet. “Why? Why did you drink that poison? Why?!” He shouted in frustration. “I would die anyway, there was no need for you to sacrifice yourself….” The man who used to look tough was now totally giving into his tears. His shoulders shook real hard.

Taeyeon smiled with teary eyes, “I have finally understood what Tiffany felt when she said she didn’t want to live just to see Taehyung die.”

Jungkook lifted his face. His lips trembled. He had just realized that Taeyeon couldn’t live her life if she had to watch him die. Her beautiful face became paler than before. It was clear for Jungkook that it got harder for Taeyeon to breathe. She had just drunk a glass of hydrochloric acid. The angel of death would come to collect her life at any minutes.

Taeyeon looked at Jungkook tenderly. “There’s only one thing that I regret right now.” She smiled painfully. “I will probably die in this damned house….”

It was hard for Jungkook to retain his consciousness. He had lost too much blood, but Taeyeon’s sorrowful words gave him strength. He shook his head. “No, you don’t have to die here. None of us has to die in this damned place.”

Jungkook got up. He slid his hand around Taeyeon’s back. They scrambled to their feet and tottered to reach the exit door. Jungkook ignored Seonghwa’s bodyguards who could only watch them walk toward his car.

Jungkook carefully put Taeyeon on the front seat while he fell and crawled to reach his seat several times. His vision got more and more deteriorated. He had to shake his head to get rid of the dark shadow in his eyes.

Jungkook clutched onto the steering wheel tightly. He looked at Taeyeon who was struggling to catch her breath. She coughed once or twice. Jungkook knew they had to reach to the hospital before the angel of death got them. He stepped on the gas.

His car hit the road. “Hang in there, Taeyeon-ssi. We’ll make it to the hospital.” Jungkook shouted just to keep Taeyeon awake. He wasn’t thinking about his own wounds. All he worried about was Taeyeon. He couldn’t let that woman die. “Don’t you dare close your eyes, Taeyeon-ssi, you hear me? I swear you’re going to live until a hundred years old.”

Taeyeon coughed blood. Her chest and abdomen were severely painful. She shook her head. She knew they would never make it to the hospital. Her trembling hand reached out for Jungkook’s hand. “Jungkook-ssi….” She faintly whispered.

Taeyeon’s hand felt so cold. While he was slowly turning his head to see Taeyeon, the uncontrollable tears rolled down his face. Jungkook stopped the car. He smiled…. A really painful smile. With his eyes covered in tears, he softly whispered, “Taeyeon-ah, where do you want to go?”[]