Chapter 6

It had been three days since the last time Taehyung met Tiffany. Mr. Bang assigned him to do some collecting in Daegu. For the first time in his life, Taehyung was distracted. He was supposed to get twenty million won from a fish monger, but he ended up letting that old man get away with it, it was all because the fish monger’s daughter reminded him of Tiffany. He couldn’t bear to see that girl cry and lament for her father.

“Taehyung-ssi, what will we tell our boss about the money?” Jimin asked Taehyung worriedly.

   “Nevermind, I’ll use my own money and give it to Mr. Bang.” Taehyung got in the car, leaving Jimin bewildered.

Taehyung didn’t want to do anything else but to see Tiffany. That girl still acted cold and indifferent toward him, but something told Taehyung that Tiffany didn’t hate nor dislike him. And it was enough for Taehyung if Tiffany could stare at him and notice him, even if she gave him a very cold stare. As long as he could still see her.

Taehyung pulled out his smartphone. He pressed some buttons on the screen. Tiffany didn’t reply any of his text messages. Taehyung sighed.

Jimin glanced at Taehyung who slouched against the seat and looked so flagging. “What is it?”

Taehyung sighed. “Why does missing someone feel so painful?” He looked at Jimin who was driving. “Have you ever missed someone so bad, Jiminie?”

Jimin chuckled nervously. He and Taehyung are at the same age, but Taehyung had joined ‘the Bulletproof Boys’ (that’s what they called themselves) five years before him, and it made Taehyung his senior. Taehyung was well respected in the Bulletproof Boys, Jimin really looked up to him. “Wae? Who do you miss, right now?”

Taehyung leaned against the car window and looked at the night view outside. “I miss someone who is really precious to me….” Even with his eyes wide open, Taehyung could imagine Tiffany’s reflection on the glass window. He really couldn’t wait to come back to Seoul. He wanted to see Tiffany…..

Jimin secretly glanced at his senior. That guy looked like a lifeless skeleton.

………………………………………………

Tiffany thought Taehyung had decided to be out of her life. She didn’t understand why she felt there was something missing when she didn’t see Taehyung standing near her house with a flower in his hand. She looked around to make sure that weird guy wasn’t hiding somewhere and planned to surprise her. But Taehyung wasn’t seen anywhere.

The next day, Tiffany purposely went out of her house half an hour late than usual. She kept checking her window pane to see if Taehyung was outside. But that guy didn’t show up. Tiffany sighed. She couldn’t help but wondering if something bad happened to him. But she quickly shrugged that thought off. Why should I care for him? I should be glad that he doesn’t bother me anymore. Tiffany told herself.

But she really couldn’t seem to fall asleep when Taehyung sent her text messages that night. His text messages read, ‘Fany-ah, are you all right?’, ‘have you had dinner?’, ‘do you miss me while I’m gone?’

For God’s sake, Tiffany almost replied to Taehyung and asked where he had been or if something had happened to him. But just when she was about to type those questions, Tiffany put her phone down. No, no, no, no. She couldn’t do that. Tiffany shook her head. She went to her bed, tucked her blanket in, closed her eyes, and ready to sleep. But when her phone rang, she spontaneously reached for it. ‘Well, I just want to know what that brat will say this time.” Tiffany gave an unnecessary excuse to herself.

“Don’t worry about me, I’m fine here… only missing you like crazy.” Tiffany smiled. Oh, where are you now, Taehyung-ssi? Tiffany bit her lip.