Chapter 16

"Fany-ah, do you really love Taehyung?” Taeyeon took a seat next to Tiffany. That girl was tucking Seohyun’s blanket in. It was past midnight, barely any sounds around them but the ticking of the clock on the wall.

Tiffany promptly looked at her. “Why are you asking me so suddenly?”

“If you really love Taehyung, leave this city with him. Go somewhere far…” Taeyeon smiled, “and never look back again.”

“Taeyeon-ah, what are you talking about?” Tiffany was totally perplexed. She thought Taeyeon was delirious.

Taeyeon took Tiffany’s hand and squeezed it. “You’ve done so much for me and Seohyun. It’s time for you to lead a happy life.” She gently smiled. “Don’t worry about Seohyun. I’ve talked to Seonghwa oppa. He agreed to let you go….”

Tiffany frowned. “I don’t understand…. Seonghwa oppa will never let me go that easily. Did you…” Tiffany glared at Taeyeon suspiciously. Her heart raced real fast like a wild horse. “What did you say to Seonghwa oppa? You didn’t… you didn’t….” Tiffany choked on the words she couldn’t dare to say.

“Fany-ah, did I ever lie to you? Just for this once, trust me.” Taeyeon held Tiffany’s hand tightly.

Tiffany bit her lips in sorrow. “How can I ever leave you and Seohyun here? Do you think I will be happy to be away from you and Seohyun? What if Seonghwa oppa hurt you? No, I can’t leave.” Tiffany shook her head.

“I promise, someday the three of us will be together again…” Taeyeon forced a smile on her face. She had to look happy or Tiffany wouldn’t believe her. “…but as for now, you must leave with Taehyung before Seonghwa oppa changes his mind.”

“But what about you?”

“Listen to me. Love is the most precious thing in this world, right? You are really lucky to have someone like Taehyung who loves you more than anything. I can see it in his eyes, that guy loves you sincerely. Kim Taehyung is the only man I can trust to protect and take good care of you.”

Taeyeon swallowed the tears that were about to gather at the corner of her eyes. “One thing I’m asking of you; don’t waste a love so true and pure.” Taeyeon exhaled. “Tiffany-ah, please be happy for the rest of your life.”

………………………………………………..

Just before the break of dawn, Tiffany and Taehyung had left for Daegu. Tiffany didn’t take anything with her but her sadness and sorrow. She vowed that one day she would make Taeyeon and Seohyun live with her and Taehyung.

As the car that carrying them drove on the empty highway, Taehyung grasped her hand.

   “Don’t worry about Taeyeon. She will be alright. I’ll make sure nothing will happen to her.”

But Taehyung didn’t know anything…..[]