Chapter 2

Taehyung stayed at the hospital for the next four days. He felt really stupid. It was the first time in his life he must be hospitalized. Jungkook said Taehyung was really lucky that the chair didn’t break his backbone. It only left bruises all over his back.

“What are you, Hyung? A cockroach? You are really hard to kill.” Jungkook joked when he visited Taehyung at the hospital. That handsome young man ate the apple he brought for his hyung.

Taehyung didn’t say anything. He was busy trying to remember that fateful night. After the third bouncer threw a chair at him, Taehyung lost his consciousness. Not because of the pain he felt on his back, but rather because he had lost too much blood from the open wound on his head.

Jungkook said that bouncer was going to finish Taehyung off, but luckily, before he was able to do that, one of Taehyung’s henchmen came in time to save his life.

“What about the girl under the table?” Taehyung looked up.

Jungkook’s face went blank. “What girl?” He asked.

“The girl who was hiding under the table.” Taehyung tried his best to explain it to Jungkook.

“Aaaah,” Jungkook nodded. “Her friend pulled her away after you passed out. They ran. Why?”

“Nothing.” Taehyung answered. He looked outside the window. That girl… will I be able to see her again?

……………….............................

Ever since those unknown thugs caused havoc in the XX Club, Tiffany hadn’t come there anymore. She was a bit traumatized by the incident. She still remembered the guy who collapsed in front of her. That guy was not a good guy, Tiffany had seen him swing his baseball bat and injured two strong bouncers at the club. Who is that guy? Tiffany asked herself. He caused the incident; someone should’ve thrown him to jail. But…., Tiffany remembered how that guy exposed his back so that that chair wouldn’t hit her.

Tiffany sighed. She shook her head. “No, that guy wasn’t trying to protect you, Tiff. He was just…..” Still, Tiffany couldn’t find the perfect words to explain what that guy did.

Tiffany’s phone rang. It was Taeyeon. “Eung,” Tiffany picked up the phone.

“Can you buy some milk and biscuit?”

“Don’t tell me you forgot to buy those, Tae.” Tiffany pouted.

“Sorry, sorry. I forgot. Haha.” Taeyeon laughed from the other end.

“Huff, okay, I’ll buy them. Is there anything else?”

“Nope,” answered Taeyeon, “but it would be nice if you could buy me a hot donut.”

“Anything else?” Tiffany raised her voice.

“That’s enough.” Taeyeon quickly hung up the phone before Tiffany got mad at her.

Tiffany grabbed her coat. She walked fast to the bus station after locking her door.

“Annyeonghaseo.”

Tiffany stopped walking.

The guy who caused havoc in the club was standing in front of her. Tiffany frowned. But a second later, she decided to ignore him and keep walking.

“Wait,” Taehyung said, “don’t you think you owe me something?”

Once again, Tiffany frowned. Did she hear him correctly? “Owe you what?”

Taehyung smirked, “I saved you in the club. Remember?” Taehyung turned around and showed her the back of his head. “My head was wounded, but my back hurt even more.”

“And whose fault is that?” Tiffany scoffed.

“Not yours of course,” Taehyung still smiling, “but if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t have been injured. And to think that you left me unconsciously just like that….,” that handsome man shook his head as if he couldn’t believe Tiffany would do such thing to him.

Tiffany crossed her arms, “how old are you? Eight? You can’t show up out of nowhere and blame someone else for your own wicked deeds.”

Taehyung kept on smirking. “I don’t blame you.”

“So what do you want from me?”

“I want to buy you some coffee.”

“Mwo?” Tiffany couldn’t believe her own ears.

“I want to buy you some coffee.” Taehyung repeated his words. He smiled like a child persuading his parents to buy him a balloon.

“And why would I want you to buy me some coffee?”

“Because I saved your life back in the club. Remember?”

Tiffany snorted, “I don’t owe you anything. You were the one who started the fight and endangered everyone’s life in there. Including my life. I should be mad at you right now.”

“I apologize, then.” Taehyung tilted his head.

“Okay, apology accepted.” Tiffany continued walking. But Taehyung couldn’t let that girl leave just like that.

“Wait,” he detained her, “since you’ve accepted my apology, let me buy you some coffee.” Taehyung gave her his best smile.

Tiffany knew better that this strange guy was dangerous. She remembered what he had done in the club. He knocked two big bouncers out as easily as flicking his fingers. Suddenly, Tiffany panicked. Questions were flying around in her head. How could that guy find her here? Did he stalk on her? What if that guy was going to kidnap her?

Tiffany looked around. They were in a desolate alley. She didn’t see anybody there. Should she scream for help?

“Let me go or I’ll scream.”

Taehyung look perplexed. “Why do you want to scream? I’m not gonna hurt you. I just want to buy you some coffee.”

“I don’t like coffee. And my friend is waiting for me right now. I really gotta go.” Tiffany pulled her coat in.

Taehyung couldn’t hide his smile. “You’re lying. You do like coffee. You always buy two cups of coffee at the coffee shop near your house every morning.”

Tiffany frowned. “Were you stalking me?”

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, “let’s say that I happen to see you every morning. I have friends who live in the neighborhood.”

“I don’t believe you. What do you want from me?”

Taehyung smiled from ear to ear. “I want to have a coffee with you.”

“But I don’t want to.” Tiffany rejected.

“Okay then,” Taehyung smirked, “if you don’t want to have a cup of coffee with me, what about going on a date with me?”

Tiffany was totally flushtered.[]