Chapter 34

Two months later.

Seohyun slowly opened her eyes. It was all blurry around her. She could only see the light coming from outside the window.

“Seohyunie!!!” Tiffany shouted and held her hand tightly.

“Eonnie…” Seohyun barely felt her own tongue.

Tiffany touched her sister’s cheek. “I’m here, Seohyun-ah. I’m here….” Tiffany’s shoulders shook up and down. She had been waiting for this moment forever. She had waited Seohyun to open her eyes and come back to her.

An hour ago, a nurse saw Seohyun moved her finger. She immediately called the doctor.

Tiffany thought she was dreaming when the doctor told her that Seohyun had moved her fingers and she could wake up at anytime now. Without thinking twice, Tiffany rushed to the hospital.

“Seohyun-ah, welcome back.” Taehyung smiled at his sister-in-law. His baby girl was sleeping soundly in his arms. “We’ve been waiting for you to wake up.”

Seohyun looked at Taehyung. She tried to recognize him. Had they met before? She didn’t remember meeting that man, but somehow, he looked familiar to her. There would be much time to get to know that man. Seohyun’s eyes wandered around to find someone she really wanted to see.

“Taeyeon eonnie…” She faintly asked. “Where is Taeyeon eonnie?”

Tiffany bit her trembling lips. How would she ever tell Seohyun that Taeyeon had passed away? Tiffany gave in to her tears and cried while holding Seohyun so tightly.

“I’m sorry….”

………………………………………………..

The police arrested Lee Seonghwa in his house. Jungkook’s tape recorder was enough to put that monster in jail.

Seonghwa didn’t put up a fight when the police cuffed his hands. He didn’t even give any reaction.

   The judge finally sentenced him to life in prison for gruesomely murdering Jungkook and Taeyeon.

Lee Seonghwa walked in the prison’s garden. He was distracted by a very beautiful butterfly. He lifted his head and followed that butterfly with his eyes.

An inmate approached him. He leered. The prison wardens turned around and walked off. That inmate pulled out a very sharp knife. He grabbed Lee Seonghwa as if he was hugging him then stabbed him multiple times.

Blood coming out of Lee Seonghwa’s mouth. He had never felt such pain before. He slowly fell onto the harsh ground. His eyes stared at the daylight sky. He wanted to cry for help, but he got choked on his own blood. Before that monster exhaled his last breath, he heard the inmate who had just stabbed him said,
“Min Yoongi avenged Jungkook’s death.”

………………………………………………

Four years later.

Tiffany and Seohyun put two bouquets of flowers on Taeyeon and Jungkook’s tombs.

Seohyun shed her tears while looking at a picture of Taeyeon. “Eonnie… thank you very much for everything.” She then looked at the photograph of Jungkook. “Jungkook-ssi, please take care of Taeyeon eonnie.” Seohyun closed her eyes to pray.

Tiffany and Taehyung said their prayers solemnly. It was the fourth anniversary of Taeyeon and Jungkook’s deaths. Things had gotten much better these years, but their loss and sadness for their fallen friends had never been any less.

“Thank you.” Tiffany whispered. She opened her eyes and looked around. She had just realized that she couldn’t find her daughter.

“Taeyeon-ah!” Tiffany panicked. “Taeyeon-ah!”

Seohyun and Taehyung looked around too. They kept calling for that little girl’s name.

“Kim Taeyeon, where are you?” Taehyung shouted.

Seohyun looked around her. Suddenly, her eyes caught a four year old girl chasing a butterfly. Seohyun smiled. She quickly approached her.

“Taeyeon-ah, you shouldn’t run away like that. Don’t you know that your eomma and appa are really worried about you?” She held her niece’s hand and pinched her nose.

Little Taeyeon chuckled. “Are you worried about me too?”

“Sure, you are everything to us. Let’s go to see your appa and eomma. They must be really panicked right now.” Seohyun held her hand.

“Ugh!” A young boy tripped in front of them.

Seohyun quickly knelt to help that boy. “Are you all right?” She asked.

That boy was around Taeyeon’s age. He shrugged the dirt off his elbow. He looked at Seohyun. “I’m fine. I’m not a baby anymore.”

Seohyun smiled. She felt really tickled to see that swag little boy. “What’s your name, ahjussi?” Seohyun held his hands and teased him.

The young boy snorted. “I’m Jeon Jungkook. And I’m not an ahjussi.”

Seohyun was startled. But after a few seconds, she smiled. Dead leaves always fall to the ground to give room for new leaves to grow. “Jeon Jungkook-ssi, it’s nice to meet you.”

Taehyung and Tiffany sighed in relief when they saw Seohyun had found Taeyeon. She even happily chatted with another toddler.

Taehyung held Tiffany’s hand as they walked down the cemetery. They locked eyes with each other. There were no words needed to utter. Their eyes had spoken for themselves. But as Tiffany squeezed his fingers and swung their hands, Taehyung suddenly whispered, “Fany-ah…”

“Hmm?”

“I love you.”[]

The End